account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Duplicate images in Album application

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 111 of 150
Message 111 of 150

Re: Duplicate images in Album application

To Rickard:

How can I create a file in Android/Data?

Thanks! 😃
Visitor
Message 112 of 150
Message 112 of 150

Re: Album Application

Dude have you find any fix?

This is so bad feature of Sony Album app.

One time poster
Message 113 of 150
Message 113 of 150

Hi Rickard,

I'm sufering from this now in you link ....So what to do now ?

"Description
* NOTE: Don't use on Android 4.2 devices, it is known to crash and there is no solution yet *

.nomedia files are used to tell media players not to scan certain folders.

StudioKUMA .nomedia Manager is a simple tool to manage .nomedia files in your SD card. Just tap and hold to toggle, or you can also perform multi-select.

NOTE: For Samsung devices (both Tablets and Phones) with Android 3.2, only internal storage can set .nomedia flags as the system deny access to SD card by 3rd party apps "

Sony Xperia Support
Message 114 of 150
Message 114 of 150

The easiest way to recreate the file is probably using a 3:rd party app like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.studiokuma.nomedia

Start the app, tap the folder called "Android". There you should see two folders, "data" and "obb". To the right of these two folders you should see a music icon with a red X over it. If you don't see this icon that means the .nomedia file is missing. In that case, just tap and hold on "data" and then you should see the music note with a red X over it.

When this is done, go to Settings -> Apps -> All -> Media Storage -> Clear data -> OK and then restart the phone.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 115 of 150
Message 115 of 150

app saving pictures in FOTO

How do I prevent an app (ex. Messenger) from saving pictures on my device? McDonalds happy meal app saved thousands of pictures on my device :-(
Visitor
Message 116 of 150
Message 116 of 150

Error message transfer interrupted of photos to SD cards, photos with same names

Help.

I'm average when it comes to tech stuff, but this is over my head.

It all started when my phone (Z1 Compact) prompted me to transfer media to the SD card, and I would get the message "transfer interrupted, please check sd card for aldready transferred media".

I thought no more of it.

I have now reached 95% of my internal storage, and I have no more videos or music to transfer to the SD card. I have 2,5 GB of photos I want to move.

So I decided to manually move them from the DCIM folder in internal storage to the DCIM on the SD card.

Here is where I start getting confused. There are SO many f'n photo folders on my phone, and in addition there's the division between internal and SD card.

I have now spent 2 hours trying to move all the photos from DCIM on internal storage onto the DCIM on the SD card.

Aaaaaaaand I kept getting error messages. "A file with this name aready exists". I assumed the picture was already on the SD card somehow. But now that I am checking each one of my 1500 photos, I can see that there are other pictures, albeit with the same name. What do I do?? Even if I go through each and every pic and name them DSC_0001(2), DSC_0002(2) et cetera, I'm afraid what will happen with my interface if I then delete all the pics from the DCIM folder on internal storage. I don't know how these things work. What will happen to all the photos I starred in Albums? If I replace the destination folder, won't the starred pics disappear? What will happen with the chronological order of everything. WHAT DO I DO??? At the moment it's definitely not any good solution, because I have most of the pics douple up now, since I've copied to the SD card and not deleted from internal storage (since 1) there are still files I haven't copied and 2) I don't know what will happen to the layout in Albums etc if I delete them.

This is bull**bleep**, I hate technology.

HELP

PS: I have been unable to back up my phone using Sony PC companion (probably since there is something wrong with half the photos, some just wouldn't copy, others have the same names) but I have just finished copying everything (At least all media files) from my phone and onto my external harddrive via pc. HELP....

Visitor
Message 117 of 150
Message 117 of 150

Re: Error message transfer interrupted of photos to SD cards, photos with same names

Update; I just checked albums. So most of the photos are now DUCPLICATES, but the Favorites folder does not contain any duplicates. So if I delete photos in the internal storage/DCIM my favorites will disappear?

One time poster
Message 118 of 150
Message 118 of 150

Album App Duplication

My Album App seems to be completely corrupted.

It constantly duplicates album art thumbnails from my music in to the Album memory. As well as this it copies Facebook Messenger 'Stickers' in to the album. The problem has become so significant that it often creates more than 1,000 duplicate files, often with each individual image in its own folder.

I've tried Clearing the Cache in the app settings as well as the app data and turning the phone off and on again. All my software is up to date but I'm sort of at a loss now.

Any help appreciated.

One time poster
Message 119 of 150
Message 119 of 150

I've tried doing exactly as Sony support has said, and now I've lost all of my photos! My album is completely empty. What can I do?? Please help asap, I've lost many precious photos now....

Sony Xperia Support
Message 120 of 150
Message 120 of 150

Have you restarted the phone after you cleared data for the app called Media Storage?

The solution i posted will not delete any of your pictures.

If it doesn't help restarting the phone, please make sure that you haven't created a .nomedia file in any other folder than the one i mentioned.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.