account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Duplicate images in Album application

SOLVED
Forum Legend
Message 61 of 150
Message 61 of 150

Re: Photos Greyed out in Album

The thumbnails are what you see in the album app or via the pictures widget but I know of no way to disable this

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Talent
Message 62 of 150
Message 62 of 150

Re: Photos Greyed out in Album

Thanks for the reply. It just seems really really messy on Sony's part - couldn't they just simply make the Album app not show the thumbnails folder?

It looks such a mess! Also, in various views I see what look like multiple images of the same photo - but in reality there will be about 5 thumbnails and the original, and the thumbnails look really blurred and horrible (obviously, as they are very small, low-res files) I never had this issue on my previous Xperias.

Screenshot_2014-07-08-20-09-26.jpg

There really is no need for the images in these hidden folders to show up.

Any word from Sony on a workaround?

Thanks

One time poster
Message 63 of 150
Message 63 of 150

Sony Xperia Z1 Compact saves pixelated copies of my pictures

Hi

I have noticed that my Xperia Z1 Compact saves thousands of pixelated copies of my pictures.  I have deleted them before but only to find that there are more copies of the deleted pictures when I look in my album later.  Please advise regarding this as it is terribly frustrating.

Kind regards

Simoné

Talent
Message 64 of 150
Message 64 of 150

Re: Sony Xperia Z1 Compact saves pixelated copies of my pictures

In the DCIM folder there is a  hidden folder . thumbnails that is used to store lo rez picture that are displayed in album...

Maybe some how those lo resolution pic show in album if you removed the hidden attribute somehow ore the folder that contains that thumbnails was renamed...

One time poster
Message 65 of 150
Message 65 of 150

Re: Album problem of Z1 compact

@uliwooly wrote:

Settings > apps > all > album > clear data > restart your phone 

Will this not clear my album?... I don't want to lose the photos I have taken... just get rid of the 1000+ duplicates I now have....

Message 66 of 150
Message 66 of 150

Re: Album problem of Z1 compact

No,it will not delete your photos.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 67 of 150
Message 67 of 150

Re: Album's problem Z1 compact

I have the same problem and i get TotalCommander and the problem is the Album app reads the Android dir and in the Android dir is the thumbnail photos. And that is the problem dont let the Album app read the Android dir. Sorry for bad english.
Rookie
Message 68 of 150
Message 68 of 150

Thumbnails continuosly being created...

Hello,

I am experiencing problems with my phone, each photo keeps being recreated as thumbnails in different sizes and appearing in a very random order amongst my original photos in my album. 

This was happening a week or two ago and I contacted o2 who changed my phone for me saying it was likely to be a software issue. It has now happened again with my new phone. I have only just got an SD card and the problem occured before this (& since). I thought for a while it was a problem with google+ but have stopped the auto sync and it is still going on.

If I delete the photos, and delete from the bin, the photos still return the next time I turn my phone off and on again...

It is so frustrating and I really need to work out why this is happenening!!

Please help me to sort this!

TIA

Emperor
Message 69 of 150
Message 69 of 150

Re: Thumbnails continuosly being created...

thumbnails will be created, you can delete the thumbnails folder but they will regenerate, could you elaborate on the issue?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 70 of 150
Message 70 of 150

Re: Thumbnails continuosly being created...

As soon as I posted I found another thread detailing the exact same problems which seem to have been experienced by many.

I've deleted the photos, cleared data, cleared cache, synced and deleted with google+/picasa and still every time the phone is turned off the problem comes back...

I have just uninstalled the updates for both album and walkman and hopefully that will do the trick...