account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Duplicate images in Album application

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 91 of 150
Message 91 of 150

Re: Xperia Z1 Compact - Thumb nail photo duplicates keeping coming back

The file path with these thumbnails keep appearing is internal storage\android\data\com.sonyericsson.album\cache

I have tried renaming it cache.nomedia but the phone immediately creates another cache file, and recreates the thumbnails again. Please help?

Visitor
Message 92 of 150
Message 92 of 150

Installing 6.2A.0.22 does not fix multiple thumbnails issue

This doesn't work. I have just installed Album 6.2.A.0.22 and within an hour the thumbnails were back. Please please please can someone tell me how to stop this?

Demigod
Message 93 of 150
Message 93 of 150

Re: Installing 6.2A.0.22 does not fix multiple thumbnails issue

Check if your google auto sync is on, tap on your google account then uncheck the google+ photos & uploads.

If that still don't work for you. Please do a factory data reset and that should resolve your problem.

One time poster
Message 94 of 150
Message 94 of 150

Experia Z1 Compact image issues

My phone keeps saving my pictures in multiple resolutions and it's annoying having to delete them and I don't know how to stop it, and sometimes saves pictures from my apps.
Visitor
Message 95 of 150
Message 95 of 150

Sony Xperia Z1 compact saves/shows random cache pictures in album

I have this problem that someone else explained on another website:

"whenever i browse internet or apps like 9gag or even fb my new xperia saves all the pictures in my album, as well as all thumbnails. It is very very annoying I already have thousands of useless pictures saved." 

Other people have commented beneath saying they have the same problem. How do I fix it? deleting them one by one is very slow and boring.

One time poster
Message 96 of 150
Message 96 of 150

photo album keeps growing

I can't delete photos they just keep coming back! If I take a photo it gets replicated at least 3 times I'll delete it but it just keeps coming back last time I deleted 450 odd pics I'd only taken 20! There're album covers from the free music that came with the phone it took about 5 goes to get rid of the pre loaded pics they grew to 250 at one point.How do I stop it? I don't take pictures any more as there's no point
One time poster
Message 97 of 150
Message 97 of 150

Re: photo album keeps growing

I have the same problem. Very frustrating as I am travelling Asia and want to take so many pictures but can't because it takes forever to delete the duplicates. They only thing I found that worked was to go to settings, apps, albums and clear data. This deleted everything in my album but the duplicating started again as soon as I started taking new pictures. Stupid syncing thing!!!!
One time poster
Message 98 of 150
Message 98 of 150

DUPLICATE PHOTOS IN ALBUM

Ok, so I loved this phone, until this happened and it's driving me insane. Every time I look in my album I see a mess of photos, all jumbled up and each photo is duplicated 3-5 times! Nothing is in order! And for an OCD neat freak like me, it's giving me a headache. I've tried deleting duplicates but they come back, I've tried settings/apps/all/album/force stop/clear data, this works for a time but then the problem returns. Please someone HELP!!!!!!!!!!
One time poster
Message 99 of 150
Message 99 of 150

Re: Duplicate images in Album application

Can we please get a proper responce from sony as this is crap every one says settings apps album clear data n it should go away some times it does n some times it doesn't. And wen it does go away it re apeats. . Sony had the best phone out when i upgraded so i expect the best service as well could u release an update to fix this. As its not one handset its all xperia users. Please attent totjis matter as soon at possible
One time poster
Message 100 of 150
Message 100 of 150

Problems with camera and photos

Hi everyone!
I've recently purchased sony z1 compact and at the very first day(I have this phone already since the end of August) I discovered that my camera doesn't work properly,it was freezing from time to time and it stopped when I put on lock my phone and then remove from it
Then my phone had frozen at all when I was using some app with camera and I had to restart my phone because I couldn't even turn it off
Then I discovered that after each restart of my phone all the photos begin to copy and all the copies are with really really bad quality
I have now almost 7000 photos though I had to have only near 1700
It's really annoying
And actually now my camera doesn't work at all,when I open it I see only black screen
What I need to do??the phone is new!