account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Duplicate images in Album application

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 121 of 150
Message 121 of 150

Album app displays ALL pictures it detect (icons, thumbnails, etc.)

This happened yesterday but not right after the update. It displays everything that is an image file type like icons and thumbnail used by other apps. Here's a screenshot:Screenshot_2015-03-07-14-52-48.png

I have cleared cache and data of the album app, but it is still there. Any fix?

Emperor
Message 122 of 150
Message 122 of 150

Re: Album app displays ALL pictures it detect (icons, thumbnails, etc.)

Delete the thumbnails folder, and also clear the data from other apps such as chrome, or any other browser. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
Message 123 of 150
Message 123 of 150

Try to delete the thumbnails.

Perform the following on both, SD card and internal memory.

Using any file manager, or by connecting your phone to PC Companion and using the inbuilt file manager, go to DCIM > delete the .thumbnails folder

The above problem could be due to the "nomedia" file been deleted from a certain folder that has all these pictures.

For example check the screenshot below.

The nomedia file that you see, prevents the media from apprearing in the album/ gallery/ walkman / movies app. And if it gets deleted by mistake then all the unnecessary media would appear in these apps.

Screenshot_2015-03-07-12-11-23.png

EDIT : haha, Uli replied here first Slightly smiling Face

Enthusiast
Message 124 of 150
Message 124 of 150

I have deleted the thumbnail folder, problem still there. I inspected the photos and it seems to be coming from the storage/sdcard0/Android/data directory, where there was a .nomedia file. All are thumbnails for the Walkman, Movies and VLC app. The separate Photos app does not have this problem.

Edit: All photos from said directory, not just for the Walkman, Movies and VLC.

Also, whenever I start the Album app after a device restart or after I cleared the Album app's data, it says the memory card is unmounted.

Emperor
Message 125 of 150
Message 125 of 150

Which Xperia do you have? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 126 of 150
Message 126 of 150

It's alright now, I deleted the data from the Media Storage app as was suggested here (didn't notice my question was transferred to another thread) and it worked. Oh, and I have the Xperia L, just in case some other users experiences the same.

Emperor
Message 127 of 150
Message 127 of 150

I'm glad its working now Slightly smiling Face 

@jkpmjoh 

Talent
Message 128 of 150
Message 128 of 150

Seriously...thumbnails in album? Why?! (Inc Facebook Messenger stickers)

Will someone at Sony please explain why they insist on the album app scanning the Android data folders? Not only does this mean that the album app shows thumbnails (in varying quality/blockyness) of all my camera taken images, it also shows all of the Facebook Messenger "stickers" that come with the Facebook Messenger app. Hundreds of the things!!

So I see all of these images multiple times because of the different versions for different sizes of thumbnail. And nothing I try fixes this whatsoever! I have tried the .nomedia "solution" many times and this never works, whether I restart the phone, clear the app data or clear the cache in CCleaner.

The album app is constantly being updated but Sony can't even include a basic option to disable scanning of the Android data folders? Please somebody help me with this as I am sick of scrolling through hundreds and hundreds of images just to find the image I am looking for.

Thanks

Emperor
Message 129 of 150
Message 129 of 150

Re: Seriously...thumbnails in album? Why?! (Inc Facebook Messenger stickers)

You should contact Sony directly

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

I have not being able to recreate the issue (facebook messenger stickers) to be displayed on my album app, which album version do you have and which android version / build number?

Talent
Message 130 of 150
Message 130 of 150

Re: Seriously...thumbnails in album? Why?! (Inc Facebook Messenger stickers)

Thank you for the super quick response.

I am running Album version 7.0.A.0.24 and Android 4.4.4 / build 14.4.A.0.157.

I may well contact Sony directly but the main reason for posting was to see if anybody had an answer or solution to this annoyance that I am not aware of. It infuriates me so much more than it should. I really like the look and functionality of the Sony Album app, but why on earth would they make it scan folders that show pointless images? I regret downloading the Facebook Messenger stickers now as there are hundreds and hundreds of them, all repeated in varying image qualities!!