account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Duplicate images in Album application

SOLVED
Sony Xperia Support
Message 81 of 150
Message 81 of 150

Re: Phone creates artwork and stores them

If you experience duplicate images in Album, update the Album version to 6.2.A.0.22 or later.

To update Album

1. From your Home screen, tap the Applications screen icon.
  2. Find and tap Update Centre > Updates to view available updates for your device.
    Note! Software updates are released at different times depending on operator and/or country.
  3. If available, tap Album and follow the instructions.
  4. Restart your device and the duplicated images/thumbnails should disappear.

To view Album version

1. From your Home screen, tap the Applications screen icon.
  2. Find and tap Settings > Apps > All > Album.
One time poster
Message 82 of 150
Message 82 of 150

Re: Album's problem Z1 compact

This phone is getting to be really disapointing,

First off, does not even have a "select all" files option within a certain folder, quite a basic tool if you ask me, tired of going picture by picture to delete what ever. I hope it will be updated soon.

Second, this thumbnails thing is pretty annoying, and moderator stop answering the same old thing, going to apps, all, album, delete and clear data is not a permanent solution. You expect me to do this every time? what about a permanent solution to why this is happening?
Everytime i browse a site it downloads a bunch of images (e.g: 9gag) and stores it as cache. why and how can i stop this please. Thank you

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 83 of 150
Message 83 of 150

Re: Duplicate images in Album application

Can we sort photos view on date ascending or decending order
One time poster
Message 84 of 150
Message 84 of 150

Re: Phone creates artwork and stores them

Hi!

First of all, sorry for my English. I'm asking you from Spain. I'm not sure if this question goes here, but I think it might be useful for people who are experiencing duplicate images.

I experience duplicate images in Album in one of my Xperia Z1 Copact. But I don't experience it in my second Xperia Z1 Compact device. I purchased both of them through Vodafone Spain at the same time. Both of them are updated to their last version (14.4.A.0.118). The problem is that the device that duplicates images doesn't have the Album updated to its last version (6.2.A.0.22). It has the version 6.1.A.0.16 and I can't update it because the Update Centre says that the device is updated to its last version. How can I fix it?

The second Xperia Z1 Compact, which doesn't duplicate images, has, surprisingly, the Album software updated to the last version (6.2.A.0.22).

Is it possible that, in a few days, a future update could appear on the device that has the Album version 6.1.A.0.16 or is there a problem on my Album software? Thank you very much.

PS: I couldn't find if the Album updates depend on Vodafone Spain or Sony. So I'm sorry if this question doesn't help to other people.

One time poster
Message 85 of 150
Message 85 of 150

Automatic photos downloading

Whenever my phone restarts, every app I open, my phone will automatically download all the photo's in these apps. This includes profile photos, adds, pictures EVERYTHING!!! It then keeps on storing it in my album and continues to do this untill I delete these photo's. It is a big inconvenience especially since you can't delete a folder of pictures, and have to select the pics one for one.

Allthough this increases my "Don't touch the white tile" skills, I don't like it. Please help

One time poster
Message 86 of 150
Message 86 of 150

photos get corrupt and duplicate too

Hey, bought an xperia z1 compact February. The phones worked fine until the 4.4.4 update.
The photos get duplicated or corrupted. Tried deleting the cache and uninstalling the updates but nothing works.
Egg
Visitor
Message 87 of 150
Message 87 of 150

Albums

My album keeps filling up with sport thumbnails or pictures of online games. 

Hadn't cleared for a couple of weeks so had 355 to clear today.

I am on o2 monthly contract and I have a Z1 compact and it is about 6 months old

Forum Legend
Message 88 of 150
Message 88 of 150

Re: Albums

using your file manager app select to view hidden file and folders and then locate and delete any folder that says .thumbnails - If the folder doesn't start with a dot then it's not a hidden folder and as such won't be ingnored from apps

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Adept
Message 89 of 150
Message 89 of 150

Re: Albums

I doubt deleting the folders/images will give a permanent solution, since whatever app is creating the undesired pictures will be likely to recreate them.

You should view the image in "album" and from dropdown menu check ".../details" to see the path to the folder where the image is stored. Make note where that folder is.

Next navigate to that folder using your pc/usb or some application and either copy from some other folder if you can find one or just create new file and name it ".nomedia".

This should stop album from scanning that directory and including images in it, so after resetting media cahce/data, they should not reappear.

Hope this helps.

Visitor
Message 90 of 150
Message 90 of 150

Xperia Z1 Compact - Thumb nail photo duplicates keeping coming back

Hi everyone,

I have a problemw with my Z1 Compact where duplicate thumbnail pics keep appearing in my photo album. I delete them, but when I reboot my phone they come back. I have even done a factory reset, but they keep coming back, and it's driving me mental! Help!

Cheers

T