account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Duplicate images in Album application

SOLVED
Emperor
Message 71 of 150
Message 71 of 150

Re: Thumbnails continuosly being created...

Yeah I see them

http://goo.gl/VUdvGG

http://goo.gl/uM5Xcz

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 72 of 150
Message 72 of 150

Album App and Music Artwork

Hello

Apologies if this has been asked earlier, I had a search but couldn't find anything.  I'm new to the Xperia Z1 Compact having got one a few days ago, so I'm still trying to get used to the differences between iOS and Android.  
Can anyone let me know how I can stop the Album app from adding music artwork? I've only put a handful of songs on the phone so far, but every piece of music art seems to have been placed in the Album App with my other photos, which in some cases means several copies of the same album cover as it is doing it for every single song added.

Thanks

Kieran

Message 73 of 150
Message 73 of 150

Re: Album App and Music Artwork

Try settings-apps-all-media storage,force stop and clear data.Restart.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 74 of 150
Message 74 of 150

Hi 

Thanks for the reply - I did see that actually on another thread where there seemed to be a similarish problem - I have already done it and there wasn't any change (in fact it added a load of duplicated pixellated thumnails of the photos I already had on the phone!).  

Have just tried unistalling the most recent update and gone back to the factory stock app and - at least for now - that seems to have done it... If anyone has any other answers though I'd love to hear them as would love a solution that woulld still allow me to update to the most recent version!

Thanks

Kieran

Message 75 of 150
Message 75 of 150

If you are talking about the thumbnails problem,this is a general thing seen in the Z1 compact's album.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 76 of 150
Message 76 of 150

Problem with the gallery

My photo gallery has several different folders for cache and thumbnails and over the space of a few days they fill up with about 250 copies of the same photo or album artwork and i have to go through and delete them individually. Any ideas how i can stop this? Thanks Slightly smiling Face 

One time poster
Message 77 of 150
Message 77 of 150

Sony Z1 compact album

Hi

This has been posted elsewhere but I can't find a suitable answer that actually fixes the issue.

When I enter the album app on my Sony xperia z1 compact it shows all the images from websites I have been on e.g. football pictures (in case your mind wondered then!)

It also shows thumbnails of all the photos I have taken duplicated about 3-4 times.

I have read lots of articles on forums and followed all the advice but nothing works e.g. clear cache (please dont ask me to do that again... , create .nomedia file etc etc. It just keeps coming back.

So..

Has anyone actually got a fix for this? Or does this phone need to be returned

One time poster
Message 78 of 150
Message 78 of 150

Photo thumbnail issue

I NEED HELP

I am using z1 compact and i am regularly receiving the problem of image files of music files and some video files.these are showing image files in the albums.i have done few things but it didn't solve :

tried to delete the images from albums.

clearing the cache data;

removing thumbnails using clean master;

reset the phone.

when i tried these all it just temporarily deleted the images of files from album,but it again creates in the album.

its quite irritating while browsing for images in the album.i need to get a fix.

i contact the customer support also,but they said that it's a thumbnail it will show in album.if its like that then why other phones are not showing this problem..

please help me out

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 79 of 150
Message 79 of 150

Re: Photo thumbnail issue

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

Make sure that you have update your Album application to the latest version.

Check the Update Center application for latest updates on Sony Media app's.

If you have the latest version of the Album app, try to clear cache and data for the app via Settings > Apps > All > Album.

Visitor
Message 80 of 150
Message 80 of 150

Phone creates artwork and stores them

music artwork thumbnails and stores them so they appear like regular files and now my album folder is filled with this images

what can i do?Screenshot_2014-08-15-22-54-50.png