account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Duplicate images in Album application

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 15 of 150
Message 15 of 150

Duplicate images in Album application

Whenever I take or save a photo on my z1 compact it saves multiple times, in different sizes. Does anyone know if this is normal or if I can change it somehow?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 81 of 150
Message 81 of 150

Re: Phone creates artwork and stores them

If you experience duplicate images in Album, update the Album version to 6.2.A.0.22 or later.

To update Album

1. From your Home screen, tap the Applications screen icon.
  2. Find and tap Update Centre > Updates to view available updates for your device.
    Note! Software updates are released at different times depending on operator and/or country.
  3. If available, tap Album and follow the instructions.
  4. Restart your device and the duplicated images/thumbnails should disappear.

To view Album version

1. From your Home screen, tap the Applications screen icon.
  2. Find and tap Settings > Apps > All > Album.
149 REPLIES 149
One time poster
Message 1 of 150
Message 1 of 150

Album problem of Z1 compact

How to fix this Album problem

I have deleted the original photo

But the album still has (thumbnail XXXX)

Build number : 14.3.A.0.757

:Screenshot_2014-05-09-11-11-29.png

Emperor
Message 2 of 150
Message 2 of 150

Re: Album problem of Z1 compact

Settings > apps > all > album > clear data > restart your phone 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 3 of 150
Message 3 of 150

Reoccurring Thumbnails on the Z1 Compact

Apologies if this has already been answered in the forum - I have just bought the Z1 Compact and I'm having problems with reoccurring picture thumbnails.
When I access 'Album', swipe in from the left, and select 'folders', I get four 'thumbnail folders' appearing (108x108, 252x252, 540x540 and 720x720). Once I delete all the unwanted thumbnails, switch the phone off & back on, they reappear!
Can I switch off the Thumbnails? Any help on this would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Message 4 of 150
Message 4 of 150

Re: Reoccurring Thumbnails on the Z1 Compact

The thumbnails are those that preview the pictures,they have to be there.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Emperor
Message 5 of 150
Message 5 of 150

try this, settings > app > all > album > clear data 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 6 of 150
Message 6 of 150

I also have the same problem. My phone is 1,5 weeks. Today the problem occurred. Is there any solution?

Message 7 of 150
Message 7 of 150

Did you try the above suggestion?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 8 of 150
Message 8 of 150

Yes, I tried everything in total commander file manager and in the application manager too. I think, I solved the problem because the problem has not occured two days. I realized that the mobile where to prepare the thumbnails and waht is their role.

Commissioner
Message 9 of 150
Message 9 of 150

The problem is driving me nuts! I just moved from iOS so not so encouraging. I will go back to Sony and ask directly for a fix but till then any solution? Or what causes it? I have a second Xperia T for work on Androis 4.3 and the album is flawless. 

Thank you,

T