account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Can't hide/filter folders

Learner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Can't hide/filter folders

Only had an Xperia for a few days but I am extremely disappointed.

The album app is a joke. All content shows as soon as you enter the app. Its just a mess No option to hide/filter folders. How can something so basic be missed out.

If I am missing something someone please help.

6 REPLIES 6
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Can't hide/filter folders

@Adamz5

Long press on one picture > select as many pictures as you want > menu > hide

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Hide specific folders from Album

Hi guys,

I recently purchased Z5 Premium Dual.

When I open the camera and take photos and browse these files from there, I can able to see whatsapp images also.

I just want to go through the photos in the Camera folder only.

I don't want to hide whatsapp images or Downloaded pictures. I just don't want to see when I browse through.

I also want to disable All Folders option from Album/change it from default to Folders only.

Thanks in advance.

Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Re: Hide specific folders from Album

@krishnanr

See this:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Album/keeping-the-album-from-viewing-whatsapp-media/m-p/908902#M1196

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-SP/Whatsapp-Image-hiding-Help/m-p/530409#M10979

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Just trying to keep this on this more recent thread.

Have I got this right, there are 2 ways to hide a folder from the Album.

A. For a photo use the apps menu setting button and the hide option and for a folder there is a multi select option.

B. Create a '.nomedia' file in a folder and all that folder's files and the files of any subfolders will be ignored as media files.

However;

A. Has to be done per file or at best per a folder 's select files.

B. Stops media scanning for all files and all media applications.

My problem is that I've put all my music onto the the sd card but the way I have handled album covers is by separate jpegs which lo and behold appear in the photo album, album by album - hundreds of them. Neither solution A or B are any good: A is obviously a pain and B would hide them from music players.

Is there another way for me to hide these files; does, perhaps, the nomedia file have an option to specify what type of media is being hidden?

Regular
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Hello,

Support,I've got the same problem with Z5 Dual:  

@DeadCat wrote:

My problem is that I've put all my music onto the the sd card but the way I have handled album covers is by separate jpegs which lo and behold appear in the photo album, album by album - hundreds of them. Neither solution A or B are any good: A is obviously a pain and B would hide them from music players.

Is there another way for me to hide these files; does, perhaps, the nomedia file have an option to specify what type of media is being hidden?

Any solution yet??? I know many media viewers and each of them have option to pick manually folders to scan.If this is too hard to implement in Sony Album, how can I uninstall this app? 

Adept
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Dear Sony,
Is it so hard to do add an option "hide this folder" when you are in folder view?
The .nomedia file is not so friendly and not always works.