account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Can't delete pictures in Album after 7.1.1 update

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 125
Message 1 of 125

Yesterday i got Android 7.1.1 update for my Xperia X. After update, I can't delete any pic. Pictures are still present though i delete them. It's pathetic. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice
Message 13 of 125
Message 13 of 125

Re: Can't delete pictures in Album after 7.1.1 update

Go to settings > apps > show system > media storage app > storage > clear data then restart your phone. After restart open Album > settings > find and fix problem and wait until process is completed. You're now good to go! Delete anything you want. Kudos! 

Phone: Xperia Z5 Dual
PC: Sony Vaio SVE15114FXS with Windows X Pro
124 REPLIES 124
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 125
Message 2 of 125

try to restart your device

safe mode

clear media storage /album app cache

settings>apps>show system> app>clear cache restart your device

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Learner
Message 3 of 125
Message 3 of 125

@nolramlb wrote:

try to restart your device

safe mode

clear media storage /album app cache

settings>apps>show system> app>clear cache restart your device

Thanks for your post, I tried whatever you suggested but still it is same as before. If I delete any photo, it is not deleted in Sony Album app and if I try any other explorer it gives a message "Action not allowed". I am fed up with this, it's pathetic and annoying. Please Sony provide some patch for this issue. 

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 125
Message 4 of 125

try software repair using Xperia Companion

________________________________________________________________________________
One time poster
Message 5 of 125
Message 5 of 125

Can't download/save/take pictures/etc after Android 7.1.1 Update

So my phone prompted for the latest software update yesterday, which I ran and it completed fine. However, I went to take some photos yesterday evening and I noticed that the photos were not saving to my phone. Within the camera app, the circle (in the bottom corner) just went round and round and did nothing. It's not saving WhatsApp images either! 

I've tried to change the storage option from SD card to internal storage, I've tied booting the phone in safe mode and I've even done a software repair and the issue persists (photos not being saved). Please can someone shed some light on this. It's literally only been since the update. I've got plenty of storage space on both the internal storage and the SD card. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

One time poster
Message 6 of 125
Message 6 of 125

Gallery files not deleted

I cannot delete any file in gallery, this problem was started when I upgrade my phone into android 7.1.1. Any solution please? 

One time poster
Message 7 of 125
Message 7 of 125

Re: Gallery files not deleted

I have the same problem, just started after this update,  half my photos are just black squares and unusable (both saves and camera) and only some will delete seemingly when it feels like it not sure how to fix it hoping they roll a update out again soon 

Forum Legend
Message 8 of 125
Message 8 of 125

Re: Gallery files not deleted

try to clear media storage cache

settings>apps>show system>media storage>clear cache restart your device,. this will make your device scan again all media files in your storage

if the images still appear, try to see where they are located at. then delete them using a file explorer

One time poster
Message 9 of 125
Message 9 of 125

I started my xperia x in safe mode as stated but the problem continues.. After deleting the photo it continues to appear in album. But after doing find and fix problem option in n albums menu the same photos i have deleted before now they did not appear in Album.. Help me.. 

One time poster
Message 10 of 125
Message 10 of 125

I cannot delete photos after upgrading to 7.1.1. There is just no response after I try to delete photos.