account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Album app stretches cropped screenshots

One time poster
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Album app stretches cropped screenshots

I take a screen shot of something, and then when I crop it using the built in photo editor of the album app. After the crop is done I look at the cropped pic and I see that it is stretched and distorted to fit the dimensions of the phone screen (if my crop was with 16:9 ratio it became 9:16) this is incredibly annoying. Please fix this problem.
5 REPLIES 5
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Album app stretches cropped screenshots

If the screenshot was taken on landscape and you are looking at the picture on portrait it will make sense for it to rotate, you could try settings > apps > all > album > clear data > restart the phone, check again. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

The same thing is happening now with my z3. I have tried clearing data etc to no avail. It's so incredibly frustrating. Any other suggestions?
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

I reported just right now these major bugs in photo editor via 3 different sources from Sony. I am sure that with the next future update from Photo Editor everything will be just fine. Also, don't update again from the Update Center the Photo Editor app.
The version 3.1.0.A.36 it's stablest version right now from Photo Editor.
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

The same on my Xperia ZQ (Brazil). I thought that Sony would fix that on the last update, but no. Still an issue.

One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Having the same problem with my Z3 and it is really annoying. It updated earlier but still has the bug.
(Philippines)