Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Slide-out keyboard's Switch Charset button does not responding, can not switch to another language

Slide-out keyboadr's Switch Charset button on servise test passed ok. (Service test *#*#7378423#*#*) I use Xpreria Pro Russian.

This key is used to switch from English to Russian , and back.

Sometimes it works. But often system does not responding on this keypress event. Keyboard is available to write in english charsets only :-(

I suppose it happens after last upgrade, but I can not return update back.

I try to reset all data and recover the flash system again. Now problem still persists.

Thank for your help!

Sony Xperia Support
Sony Xperia Support
Sam

Re: Slide-out keyboard's Switch Charset button does not responding, can not switch to another language

If you have already tried a software update/repair since experiencing this problem, it may be a hardware related issue that just happened to coincide with the previous update. With this being the case you may need to get the handset into an authorised repair agent.

What are your thoughts about this forum?

Let us know by doing this short survey: http://surveys.opinion-8.com/SE/SF/en

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Slide-out keyboard's Switch Charset button does not responding, can not switch to another language

I have found the reason of my problem. It is hardware problem. Probably, xperia pro use magnetic sensor to detect that slide-out keyboard is opened.  I use the case with magnetic closure, that conflict with this sensor.

Now, I do not use this case. Problem do not exists.