Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
hanit.jaiswal

jellybean update for xperia sola

xperia sola must have jellybean update, in comparision to xperia go and xperia j with lower specifications are going to have JB update

EowynCarter

Re: jellybean update for xperia sola

Seconded.

We're not fools Sony. The sola can run JB.

One time poster
valsinats

I think that Sony Xperia Sola and U can run Jelly Bean too.

Yes, Xperia GO have a more performance because it have a smaller display resolution, but I don't understand why Xperia J get Jelly Bean but Sola and Unot... Sola and U have more performansce than J because Sola and U have dual-core processor.

Sola and U must have Jelly Bean update as all 2012's Sony Xperias!

One time poster
hanit.jaiswal

i think...xperia j and go are on JB update list...because both are launched with ICS and now, it's compulsion for sony to update these devices

and sola is launched with GB and than just updated  to ICS

One time poster
valsinats

In part it's true, but sales of Sola and U started only 8 month ago and Sola and U should have received Jelly Bean. Even if not, I bought Sola because I wanted Jelly Bean, I thought that Sola will update.

One time poster
bluechip850

Wait. dont worry, SOLA will get Jelly Bean, if not official.....

Some have already started porting JB from other models and tesing on SOLA.. it wont take too long.. :smileyhappy:

One time poster
zelda707

Apparently the Sola will not be updated becasue the mali 400 GPU uses a lot more RAM than the Adreno 200 in the Xperia J.

If the Sola was updated to Jelly Bean, it wouldn't have enough RAM for smooth performance

One time poster
jcdadua

There are some lag issue in updating to ICS. I didnt update my GB to ICS because of lag isuues. Do you think updating to JB will not affect the phone performance? I also want sola to be updated to JB.

One time poster
ashwinragul21

why should i use unoffical. let them release the offical update. Handset is 100% capable of running JB. then you leaving your rights.

My question is unoffical team can release JB for sola without any Disclaimirty, why not the sony.

Did sony has less talented employee???????

One time poster
ashwinragul21

Sola meets 100% requirement for running JB with more effects than samsung, LG having same requirement running fine JB.

sony saying it has less requirement (CPU and GPU are less).

if so, reduce some animations and useless updates then release JB. i think Sony emplaoyee are tooo LAZY  than samsung LG ?
even updates marching is slow like any thing and saying sola has no JB.

Great fun is sony corp says JB is not suitable to port for sola hardware. 

if u take Tipo it can be accept that requirement is less even thoug some brilliant devleopers ported JB with 90% perfomance

At the same same sony employee was capable of porting JB to xperia J.

which implies that employee is Very much capable of porting JB to Xperia sola.

Pl. find the below reference for capablity of running JB in sola.

SOLA vs SASMUNG - Running JB has

OSAndroid OS, v2.3.4 (Gingerbread), v4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich), upgradable to v4.1 (Jelly Bean)Android OS, v2.3 (Gingerbread), upgradable to v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
ChipsetExynosNovaThor U8500
CPUDual-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A9Dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A9
GPUMali-400MPMali-400

As Conclusion sola has 100% capable of running JB. so Sony corp pl. do release upgrade for sola JB.