Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Visitor
amarz1981

Xperia Sola Software Build 6.1.1.B.1.54 Problems

Dear Community and Moderator

I am using Xperia Sola since 3 months. I faced some unstabilities in new software of Sola. I being a normal Human Creature have much tendency to speak about "ERRORS" rather than talking about superb things in Sony Smart Phone.

My First Problem is that when i press " PHONE" icon , in 10 out of 100 cases the "CONTACTS" open, while recent calls should open.

Second is during charging the phone responds slowly , specially touch. When i unlock screen during charging,  "PATTERN" type screen lock does get swiped completly , I have to disconnect charger to unlock phone.

Third, Many Times the screen get supersensitive. I think that is floating touch malfunctioning. I get a circle of around 0.75cm on screen when i keeps my finger near to screen.

AND BIGGEST PROBLEM IS THAT SONY HAS ANNOUNCED "THE END OF EVOLUTION" for software for SOLA ......not upgrading to Android 4.1

One time poster
Xtreme8088

Re: Xperia Sola Software Build 6.1.1.B.1.54 Problems

Go Settings>Display  

Disable the Glove Mode

i'm a Xperia Sola user also,

no happy with Sony too..  + no more upgrade to 4.1

One time poster

m also using sony xperia sola......

m also faced these problems.....

phone ion not working properly.....pattern type is too much time waiting to unlock the phone.....whenever the phone automatically not work the ..touch specially......please upgrade the vrsion of xperia sola please many problems in these upgrade....

6.1.1.B.1.54

One time poster
Clayman191

Just upgraded my Sole 2 nights ago and I have exactly the same problems. Also tech support sucks at least here in my country Greece. I have to take my phone to a S.E. Support Center and leave it there at least for 5 days they told me plus I have to pay for the downgrade. Its my 3rd Xperia after Mini Pro and Tipo and for once again im really disappointed form SONY. Note that i got my Sole 3 weeks ago. So thanks a lot SONY for forcing me staying without a phone, making my brand new phone useless and happy holidays.
Just for the record, personally after 3 Xperias.. i will NEVER EVER buy anything again if it brings the Xperia tag in its name.

Sorry for the offense but im really mad.

Community Manager
Johan

I suggest that you try to run a software reinstall using SUS.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

If the problem still remains you should contact your local support team, to have the phone examined and fixed at an repair center.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/contact-info/

One time poster
Clayman191

-Updatedso other members know....- I sent my mobile to a SE authorised service and they said the screen should be replaced... so OK i left it there.... after 4 weeks (!!!!!) and after I had not even one little single update for the progress of my mobile , i had to call them constantly and they replied they dont have stock to replace my screen. Magically after 2 days of calls to SONY straight away they found replacement... and today   19-02-2013 after a WHOLE MONTH and more i have back my phone... with still problem :smileyhappy: Touch reacts weird, screen is doing ""waves" and shows various pixeled things when i touch it.... so in conclusion: I bought my mobile and used it for 2-3 (MAX) weeks . 1 and half month now they had it for repair and its not even repaired, I have already mailed SONY in their central offices, (dunno where the heck is that anyway) and I have started all the legal procedures to claim my rights as a CUSTOMER, but no dear stranger I am still mad and even more. Never ever buy anything again. At least here in Greece SONY has NO SERVICE or OK maybe its NOT a serious company at all. Dunno... all i know is I paid for a product i never used.... in my humble opinion... PATHETIC and UNACCEPTABLE. I blame me for buying crap thats all!