Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Sony Xperia Sola : Touchscreen Problems

I had bought this xperia sola 2 weeks ago.....it worked like butter since then till today morning......when i discovered that it's touchscreen is not working properly.....

The touch screen is not responding as it should...Sometimes it sens and sometimes not...!!!

As you can see in video...  VIDEO LINK : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjkJaEathV8

1. it's difficult to unlock....   time : 00.04,  2.10

2. then you cant select or delete clock widget (when you touch and hold.....it presumes that u touched ones and opens the clock.)             time :00.24,   2.48

3. Capacitive  buttons are also not responding well...     time :00.27

4. not able to change wallpaper......as when touching and holding in empty region.....it doesn't open the wallpaper widget menu....    time:  00.30,   02.22

TOUCH and HOLD  is not working....

5. also it have problem in dialing numbers...    time: 00.42

6. things doesn't changes even after restarting....   time :1.39

7. also have problem in app menu....   time : 3.40

In all the whole problem is of touchscreen response......

I have also rest it to factory setting and formatted it's internal memory.....(in case some setting or app has created this problem)  but unfortunately that has also not helped..... :smileysad:

also .162 update is not unavailable from sony(it was available earlier)......!!

also sony companion is also not repairing my phone...it says that your phone is upto date.....
and update centre is also saying phone up to date....and is also not showing"update anyway" feature as suggested by some users....

PLEASE HELP !!! ....I have bought this phone just 2 weeks ago... :smileysad: :smileycry:

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Sony Xperia Sola : Touchscreen Problems

i don't know the brand of screen protector, but iknow that this problem is not because of screen protector as the protector is on screen since i bought the mobile, and it was working like butter till today morning( 2 weeks), and since morning it very difficult to use.... :smileysad:

also the problem remained whole day and still persisting.....so the condition of hands is also not a problem....as i had also tried to use it after washing hands....

No weight or pressure.....i keep it on my bed.....and as currently my vaccations are going on.....so it's on BED only since i bought it.....and no physical tension or pressure was ever applied on it....

so i don't know whats the problem....??

PLEASE HELP !!!

Learner
mandeep148

may be the firmware problem....

try to flash firmware... it should fixed may be...

if not

then

There is only solution is GO TO SONY CARE CENTRE..

One time poster
mhae0217

I got the same problem. I bought the phone 3 weeks ago.

It worked pretty fine on the first week. Then on the 8th day when i woke up that morning its not responding good.

It's difficult to navigate the phone. All the keys not working, not just in one area but all.

And it;s intermittent.

I went to a sony center near my area, they check it and reset the software and it didn't work. They actually check the touch pannel but they didn't see any thing wrong nor any marks that it got wet.

we already tried updating the software but it doesn't make any difference.

I need help. I dont want to have the touch panel replace because it's a major refurbishment and not acceptable for a 3week old phone. is this a software issue? or the phone itself is the problem?

Anonymous(anon)

so what did they(service centre) say....??
and didn't you asked about phone replacement ??

and did they opened your phone for checking touchscreen.....?

I hope that, some sony guys will see this post and reply with a solution....!!

Anonymous(anon)

i highly doubt any intervntion from Sony guys.. They are busy making and selling faulty fones

One time poster
mhae0217

they can't replace my phone coz as per them it's no longer in the replacement period.

They actually opened the phone to see if it got wet. My phone didn't get wet it didn't have any scratch.

They tried reseting the software... they actually advise me to flash my firmware but im aware that it will void the warranty.

They say that it can be the touch panel itself and they can replace just the touch panel... which i think not acceptable for a 3week old phone right?

One time poster

I had the exact same problem with my phone three weeks after buying it. I returned it to the store, and they sent it back to Sony. After one week, they said it was repaired and I got it back, but the problem persists. It's back to Sony now for the second time.

Can it be related to a battery problem? The battery drain was very large sometimes while doing nothing, and the touch-problem got worse when connected to the usb charger.

Anonymous(anon)

PLEASE READ THIS !!!

Hey guys....i want you to MAKE a video of your problems and post it on Youtube.....
and also tell about your problems on online shopping sites in REVIEWS.....!!

Atleast we can save many people from buying this SCRAP(SONY MOBILES) and also give links to this forum....as they should also see....how sony is ignoring it's customers who are in pain....!!

Learner
mandeep148

u can also give ur phone to service centre for "DO" means replace of phone...

in this "DO" u can give u r phone with box and all accessories then sony care centre send your phone for replace then ur phone will be replace with new sealed box....

i hope... your phone in "DO" period.:smileyplain:

NOTE. I M NOT SURE....