Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
MikeAustin

Xperia Ray voice control on Parrot CK3100

My Xperia Ray connects via bluetooth with my Parrot CK3100 in-car adaptor. The contacts are copied into the Parrot OK and I can receive and answer calls OK. The Parrot has a voice control option that can operate using its own voice recognition. When I select that, it does not work. I have used it successfully with Windows Mobile and two non-smart phones. Has anyone experience of this?

Sony Xperia Support
Sony Xperia Support
Sam

Re: Xperia Ray voice control on Parrot CK3100

I cannot confirm with 100% certainly, however the likely cause is that the handset simply does not have the matching Bluetooth profile to support this function.

One time poster
MikeAustin

The Parrot website quotes several similar Sony-Ericsson phones as compatible - eg Arc, X10, Neo. Is the Ray that much different?

One time poster
MikeAustin

Parrot have now added the Xperia Ray to their compatibility list for the CK3100, so I have flashed the Parrot to the latest firmware. It connects and syncs fully. I recorded the voice commands on the Parrot and set the Parrot to control them. It  still does not accept voice commands.

Has anyone managed to get this combination working? Has anyone tried an alternative solution such as an app that enables voice dial on the Ray that will work via Bluetooth? I am enquiring on the Parrot forum (but maybe a 'tweet' would be more suitable for Parrots).

One time poster
MikeAustin

OK now. Parrot technical support sorted it out. Apparently, I needed to put in a voice command for at least one contact. Otherwise, it does not respond to the previously recorded "telephone" command.

So I can confirm that the Parrot CK3100 is now fully compatbile with the Xperia Ray.

Anonymous(anon)

Owned a C902-I changed,bought Xperia Ray. In the car Sony HCB 400 handsfree installed. It worked with the old mobile and not working with the new. The main problem is that I cant record my voice commands VoiceSpeedDial-no default possibility for voice dialing in the NEW Sony mobiles why? - HCB doesnt send my command via bluetooth, mobile has to "hear" it and its microphone too sensitive. HCBfirmware? Bluetotth version? ROM? Please help.