Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.
It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.
Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.
Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.
2012-04-25 02:13 PM
I need help with my xperia ray,
my computer always ends up not responding while trying to update the software to ICS.
I've tried to update the phone for many times and always ends with my computer become not responding.
and i've tried to update with 2 different computers and get the same result.
2012-04-25 02:53 PM
The same thing is happening to me.
I accept the update on the start screen, then on the prepare screen PC Companion shuts down my phone. After that I get a screen that says to:
1. remove the USB cable from both the computer and the phone
2. Verify that the battery level is at least 50% (which is weird since the phone is shut down)
3. Turn off the phone (Again... PC Companion shut down the phone earlier...)
4. Connect the USB cable to the PC
5. Press and hold the volume down key on the phone while plugging the USB cable into my phone.
After I do this and pressed "Back" PC Companion checks for the phone but only to move back to the same screen after a couple of minutes.
Any help?? Any Ideas?
2012-04-26 12:29 PM
You can try this:
Before installing the update service from the link provided make sure to uninstall everything, and delete the files that you can't uninstall.
This is what I did and it worked for me.