Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

Re: Xperia Ray 2.3.4 - When will I receive it?

did you finally received the update? you can't kill your phone, if anything you have to repeat the process

Anonymous(anon)

No, nothing. I am really disappointed. The device is nice, but sonys behavior treads me. And I dont have the time to fiddle around with selfmade update hacks. My vendor promised me to get me the money back if the update will not come in the next two weeks. So I will wait another two weeks and then: good bye nice looking, stone age firmware phone...

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

try to update your phone with Update Service, remove the SD and SIM cards before you do so

Anonymous(anon)

uliwooly-wooly schrieb:

try to update your phone with Update Service,

"Update Service" ???

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

Anonymous(anon)

I live in Kenya, and bought an Xperia Ray 2 weeks ago here.

Is it true that you can only download android 4.0 in selected countries?

Demigod
Martha-

Android 4.0 is not available on any devices yet.

We will get back with infornation regarding timing in due course & any communication regarding upgrades will be on our blog.

Anonymous(anon)

ive just updated mine doesnt seem to be any different

can anyone explain the differences please

Anonymous(anon)

Looking at the widgets on mine, after updating, all those are still there.

So far the only thing I have noticed that's different is the appearnace of McAfee rubbish. Soone got rid of that.

Still no reappearance of the old TV off animation. Still loads of pointless bloatware stuck in the system partition that you can't get rid of.

Please let the ICS update get rid of... 3D Album, 3D Camera, Adobe Reader, Flash Player, Games & apps, Get apps, Get games, Facebook music & videos, Officesuite, News & weather, Setup guide, Support, Sync, Google Talk, Timescape, TrackID, Update centre and Wisepilot.

If I want them, I'll download them, stop including them and using up valuable internal storage with useless junk.

Anonymous(anon)

Hello,

I'm sorry to dug this topic out...

I know Android ICS is rolling out for the Xperia Ray... But how comes I still have'n't received the 2.3.4 update ? I really find it laughable... 2.3.4 was supposed to be launched in October-November, and it's already... April !

I didn't complain earlier because I thought I would get ICS in a few months, but after reading the post on Sony's blog, I think I'll wait for more review before updating mine to ICS... However... I'd still like to have 2.3.4 (and to be able to do screen capture), even if I don't update to 4.0

The buils number of my phone is SI 1253-4324, and it's not operator locked...

And as you can see, my build number is not in the list...