Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
jorrne18

Re: Upgraded 4.0.2.A.0.62

Anonymous(anon)

Xperia ray microphone problem

Hi! I just bought a Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray with Gingerbread 2.3.4. I really like this phone, the camera is superior with it's crystal clear 2nd microphone. Lately, I found out that the main microphone, the one used for phone calls, has a distorted noise when I tested it by using an audio recorder. I tested calling another phone and the same distortion was there. I thought the microphone has a problem, so I used the headset that came with the phone and found that the distortion was still there. I think this problem is software related. Is there any solution to this? I'm planning to upgrade to ICS, but I fear that it would use too much system RAM and I'm not sure if it will work. I like the 512MB RAM because it will not use too much battery power, that's the ideal phone for me aside from having superior capabilities. I'm now planning to reset the phone to factory default, I don't know what will happen and if it will work. I think this is a system problem that has been overlooked since nobody can readily tell if the main microphone which we only use to make phone calls is not working well. The second microphone used with the camera is superior. I compared the recorded result of the camera microphone against that of the main microphone and found that the latter made some distorted sound, maybe if you fix with sound filtering software, it might just work .....................

Demigod
Veresova

I think that it will not issue new series of Sony phones also have a 512 RAM ( Xperia sola, Xperia U)

Demigod
Veresova

Re: Upgraded 4.0.2.A.0.62 > ICS

Ice Cream Sandwich ray roll out started:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/35144

1. Have someone from the Nordic countries, information on whether the repair or modification ???

a. Camera - big bad photo compression

b. Automatic Light Sensor Xperia Ray does not work OK -regulation is minimal

c. Flash is not an option for automatic flash

2. There is a complete country list of SI (Sales Item number) ?

Apprentice
MarkMRL

I tried ICS on my phone, the camera is pretty much exactly the same as it was in Gingerbread, there is still no automatic brightness, and there is still no automatic flash.

They didn't fix anything.

Oh, and HD video recording is stuttering.

Have a nice day.

Demigod
Veresova

Upss.. Thank you for your message.

So it is bad news for Sony to upgrade only the system but not fix anything + HD video bug 20 FPS

And now, wait for Sony to release the ICS for other regions.

Disappointed :/

Sony knows about this problem?

a. Camera - big bad photo compression

b. Automatic Light Sensor Xperia Ray does not work OK - regulation is minimal

c. Flash is not an option for automatic flash

+

new problem ICS 4.1.A.0.562:

1. HD video bug (HD video recording is stuttering 20FPS)

2. GPS is not working (some users)

Here is a discussion:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/35230?tstart=0

Enable Automatic Light Sensor on Xperia Ray:

1. Download Power Widget Lite (Google Play). Activation of the automatic sensor switching the brightness setting (A).

It works even after uninstalling

2. or the instructions on the XDA (Need Root):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1377125

Apprentice
MarkMRL

Hi. I wanted to say something about camera compression. On XDA one of the guys found a way to change camera compression value and set it to zero (uncompressed pictures). This makes every photo take from 1.5-2Mb to 3-5Mb. I tested it myself and found pretty much no improvement. What makes the photos look weird is not jpeg compression but an overly aggressive contrast and not enough noise reduction, in my opinion.

Either way, I think Ray makes some pretty good photos, compared to most other phones, so it's not really a big problem.

Demigod
Veresova

Yes I read it. Then where is the mistake? Look at the pictures as 8 Mpx eg S2 Galaxy.

Apprentice
MarkMRL

Galaxy S2 has a better sensor. That's all. It doesn't matter how many megapixels a digital camera has, all it matters is the sensor.

Also,I've heard on this forum that iPhone has the same sensor as Ray and Arc, but it's not true.

Demigod
Veresova

Then it is explained.

The problem is but other bugs.