Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Maddy

Re: Upgraded 4.0.2.A.0.62

I am also facing the same issue as p_c_user. It says "unable to install or start phone software update components"

Please help.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

which components? did you installed either PCC or SEUS?

Anonymous(anon)

Me too. I have the same issue. PCC installed. While updating, error appears. Reports "unable to install or start phone software update components". Log of PCCInfo below.

2012-02-04_003512.jpg

Despite updating with PCC was failed, I did update using SEUS.

Good luck for everyone!

One time poster
Maddy

Yeah i used PCC. I saw your other thread about using SEUS to install manually but i dont want to void my warranty  :smileysad:

The last update was pretty smooth. This time im having this issue dunno y. I tried removing memory card still same message is displayed

Anonymous(anon)

hi I cannot upgrade my phone do U HAVE ANY CLUE

Anonymous(anon)

Hi Maddy and others,

I think I might have the solution to your problem.

When I tried to update to 4.0.2.A.0.62 with PCC I also received the message something was wrong and I should look on the support website of sony ericsson. But there was very little help for me.

When I connect my phone through USB with PCC I usually choose skip when the phone ask to install PCC or skip.

But apparently you should choose install PCC then the phone gets in some kind of state in which it is possible to updated it.

Hopefully this helps.

Kind regards,

Antonio

One time poster
JohanARC-S

Hi Marcus
Would be appreciated if it stood anywhere what each new UPDATE contains. exactly as it I usually do on the most updates for PC or any program.

/johan

Trustee
Markus

Sometimes we do post such info on e.g. the product blog, but not always.

Normally when it's not mentioned it's because the update mainly comes with a lot of minor bug fixes or because it simply won't bring anything noticeably new. I fully understand your concern though,

I'll forward your comment, thanks. :smileyhappy:

One time poster
jorrne18

hi, just wanted to ask, when I upgraded my phone to the update above, it always shows a blank screen whenever I tried waking it up using the power or the home button?

I also tried resetting my phone, but it still shows a blank screen, is there something I have done wrong when I updated by phone?

please help.

thank you.

gwhispererz

Hi, did you install any lockscreen or homescreen app? If not, suggest performing a software repair phone with PC Companion or SE Update Service.