Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Apprentice
MarkMRL

Re: Suggestions For ICS

I don't think your problem with WCDMA reception can be fixed with a software update, as I'm pretty sure the antennas are physically different (like AM and FM antennas on hifi sets).

I noticed that using my very old SIM card I had trouble getting good 3G signal, but when I got a newer 128k SIM card, WCDMA reception was a lot better. Maybe the two things are unrelated though.

About the speaker, have you enabled XLoud? Make sure it is enabled as it boosts the volume quite a bit. Also, you could try to install an equalizer app from market, but I haven't tried one as I'm satisfied with the speaker.

Master
slimshaddy

good..

Anonymous(anon)

I have read many suggestions I would also make like the light senzor, flash, and camera comression, but I have three more in my mind.

1. The pattern lock screen should replace the original lock screen, instead of havig to do 2 steps just for unlocking your device. People are lazy so they won't use this important security feature.
  2. It would be great to have a music player which supports ReplyGain. For a mobile music player it is important to give a reliable, stable loudness to compensate the noise from traffic.
  3. Some more toggle widgets: mobile hotspot, background data/syncronisation.

I would love to see these in one of the upcomming updates (I hope its late get into the first build ICS).

Master
slimshaddy

1. good point :smileyhappy:

2. whats reply gain..??

Anonymous(anon)

ReplyGain is a method to calculate the loudness/volume of a track, and based on this walue the music player can adjust the voulume, so that every song will have the same volume. The point is that you dont need to adjust the music volume for every song, becouse they have around the same volume. On android poweramp and winamp pro supports it, but both are quite expensive app, if I wouldnt use any other features.

Master
slimshaddy

oh great :smileyhappy: wow this feature is good...

something similar - i had a samsung tv in which the tv itself stored the volume level for evry channel :smileyhappy:

i mean in that also we could set different sound volume for every channel...

One time poster
Raj.merciful

atleast update the dialer man.

It should be able to find contacts easily its a smartphone, add some smartness to it.

I am using touchpal in place of the original dialer.

Master
slimshaddy

if you want , there are apk files by which you can get the smart dial.. :smileyhappy:

One time poster
Raj.merciful

plz send me the links...

Master
slimshaddy

this is the link...

install only smartsearch and contacts , dont install the apl having phone symbol , you will lose network signal..

you may also try other widgets as well..