Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
brapi

Re: Random Resets of Xperia Ray

dude the .62 upgrade is available, i just upgraded and it resolved the restart issue :smileyhappy:

Forum Legend
uliwooly

it might not be available in his country

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Good thing you aren't experiencing the problem anymore. Will check back with the service center if they have that update available. Thanks!

Anonymous(anon)

Ive had my Ray for less than a week and have lost count of the number of random resets. Also I have an issue with it not detecting my sim or any other sim I try. (see sim not detected thread)

I have tried all advice to no avail and am waiting for a replacement from Orange. I shall be switching back to HTC if the new unit doesnt perform.

Anonymous(anon)

I have noticed that when I activate the screen lock code, specifically the pattern, I get the resets more frequently. Are those experiencing the resets have the screen lock code activated and have you tried disabling the screen lock code and noticed any difference?

Anonymous(anon)

I am having this problem too.  Restarting every so often, anywhere from 15 minutes to several hours apart.  Sometimes it even bootloops.  Trying to get into safe mode to see if it's just an errant app but I can't seem to figure out how.  For now I'm going with the stock SE launcher (I was trying LauncherPro and GoLauncher Ex) to see if that helps.

Anonymous(anon)

Have you just bought your phone? What was the last app or activity you did with the phone prior to the reboots? Have you tried updating to the latest firmware .62? You can try using the Update Service software.  I think the update solved the issue for me (fingers crossed). 291 hrs and counting without rebooting (manual or faulty reboot):smileyhappy:.

Anonymous(anon)

I bought it a month ago.  The reboots have been going on for a while, but they've become progressively worse.  So it may be an app, but I have a lot of apps... no idea which one it would be.  Hopefully I can figure out safe mode to make sure.

How I wish I could upgrade to .62.  My carrier has, in their wisdom, decided that it would be better for me to be stuck on 4.0.1....183.

Anonymous(anon)

Ok, for me (in finland) update to .42 resolved reboot problems and update to .62 brought reboots back :smileysad:

This is quite annoying and very odd because for some folks .42 rebooted and .62 solved problems. It starts to feel that there are HW differences between rays and certain SW solves problems in one phone but brings problems to another.

Anonymous(anon)

I have been on the .42 revision a long time. But after the new year, I have only had very few, maybe even only one, reboot. A week ago or so, I finally got the .62 upgrade. So far no spurious reboots. Seems like the phone self-healed:-)

I can live with one reboot a month (should they still occur), the Ray is a nice phone.

I have had the same apps all the time (default + PointSharp + Jewels). Recently I installed Advanced Task Killer and TouchDown (way better than the native Exchange client, some co-workers even claim battery time improved drastically). I don't seen any correlation between apps and restarts.