Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Random Resets of Xperia Ray

3 weeks without any reboot.

I have never installed McAFee.

I active connection to 3G and Wifi when i need it.

Before it crashed i haven't installed a lot of applications (other than the one already installed by Sony and Orange).

2 or 3 days before it crashes i had activated the screen locker (with digit to enter), but when it was rebooting i have uninstalled it and it did not solved the problem.

Today my phone do not reboot and i don't know why it was rebooting during 2 weeks of its life.

Note: When my phone was rebooting, it was in the building i work in and always the afternoon. I have only few reboot in other place and hours. 

So the problem seems to be very more frequent in a specific geographic area or at a specific hours of the day (but maybe it's a coincidence).

One time poster
brapi

it seems that 2011 xperia line has faulty hardware or software.. this also happens on the Live with walkman.

Anonymous(anon)

happy new year all ...

my phone still "looses" the sim card so i have to enter the pin code agin agin and agin

its not random some time it takes days outher 10+ times in 2-4 h.

I think i SAD that SE can make a product that works out of the box :smileysad:

Gonna go to the shop and go for RMA the sh@£€t or best get my money back and never ever by a Sony product agin ...

Sad cuz i rteally liked the phone when i am abel to use it

One time poster
brapi

any update for those who have ray without reboots? with reboots?

Anonymous(anon)

I also have the same problem. Happens whenever I get low reception or when I switch to flight mode. I can nearly rule out software since I tried on .283 and .42 firmware and both are giving the same problem.

I'm suspecting that it could be the SD card or the Sim card. I'll be conducting more tests to verify

Anonymous(anon)

Have you tried the 4.0.2.A.0.62 update ? Try it and see if it still reboots.

Anonymous(anon)

I am stuck on 4.0.2.A.0.42. Both the phone and PC Companion says this is the current version.

Can one obtain this .62 version and forcibly install it?

According to a post here http://www.swedroid.se/forum/61832-4-0-2-0-62-a.html this update will be pushed out week 2 (this week?) for Xperia Arc. I know someone who used to work for Sony Ericsson until last year and the Arc and the Ray are supposed to have the same HW to 99%. So probably much the same SW as well.

One time poster
brapi

okay so i got the ray and it reboots like crazy! every time the phone turns on and runs for a minute it then reboots again and again like hell! android 2.3.3, going to test if update to 2.3.4 will change anything.

One time poster
brapi

so to give an update, i removed first my sim card and set my ray to flight mode, (no reboots)

then i updated to 2.3.4 with latest firmware .62. no reboots as of the moment.

Anonymous(anon)

I am also having a problem with the random resets with my Xperia Ray. I just bought it last December and the random resets showed up on the first day. Had it brought to the service center a week later since I was a bit tied up on that week's schedule. The service center already did a software repair. At first it was not exhibiting the annoying restarts every now and then. 3 weeks later,  here it goes again.

Sony should really look into this serious issue.

Android Version: 2.3.4

Kernel Ver: 2.6.32.9-perf SEMCUser@SEMCHost#1

Build: 4.0.2.A.0.42