Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Random Resets of Xperia Ray

Sorry to hear that. Did you manage to go to a SE service centre for them to diagnose the issue?

Most likely it is some sort of software/hardware interaction bug since some other users are also experiencing similar issues

Anonymous(anon)

No, I took the phone from the UK and am roaming abroad at the moment.

Upon returning to the UK I think we will be returning the phone because it is unreliable.

A shame.

At the moment I would not recommend buying this phone until they find out what this particular bug actually is.

Anonymous(anon)

I agree if the phone is not stable, I too would not like to put up with it. Very annoying and frustrating.

Not sure if you have updated to the latest firmware version of 2.3.4.  but then again a few forum participants are providing feedback that they are experiencing some problems after updating to 2.3.4

Anonymous(anon)

Mine too!  It seems to happen most often when the signal is low and the phone loses detection - it's as if the phone's trying several times to reconnect and then says to itself -"Hang on!  It could be me! I'd better reboot."  ;which it does, over and over.  A bit of a pain in an otherwise great product.

On the 2.3.4 firmware, is this something that will automatically get done eventually, or does it need manual intervention?  My phone's an Asian (Hong Kong) version.  PC Companion and SE US both tell me everythjing's up to dat, no upgrades waiting for me.

Anonymous(anon)

The 2.3.4 firmware updates are progressively being rolled out.

If PCC or SE US or directly trying to update via the phone itself says it is up to date then, it means :

1) Not released yet to your country/market

2) If your phone is mobile service operator branded, the mobile service operator, may not have released it yet although SE might have already released it to your country/market

Anonymous(anon)

If you really cannot wait then you can perform a manual firmware update.

Note this is an unofficial method and any operator version of your firmware will be lost.

If interested, please refer to this post : http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/113189

Anonymous(anon)

Hah! finally seem to have been allowed to Login, even tho' it told me Unkown Error.  If the Ray application quality is anthing like this forum platform, we're all stuffed!

No, I can wait for 2.3.4, no hurry.

But what about the Random Resets? Are SE doing anything about this or is it head-in-the-sand time?

Anonymous(anon)

Ok. Sure the decision is yours to make if you prefer to wait for 2.3.4 to be available where you live.

In the mean time, you could try to perform a software/firmwware repair using PC Companion.

Connect your phone to the PC via the USB cable

The repair option on PC Companion (Support Zone --> Update --> Repair).

Please backup your phone data and settings before proceeding.

Anonymous(anon)

Last week I was in the US and had the phone in airplane mode most of the time, wifi connected during some periods. The Ray seemed fine, no resets from what I remember. I thought the problem was somehow fixed, perhaps some upgrade got installed automatically.

Back in Sweden for some days, normal connection, no wifi. All fine.

Today I was in Germany, airplane mode most of the time and no wifi (I did not want to get any data roaming bills). At the airport (perhaps starting when trying to use the free airport wifi but that had so weak signal I turned off wifi), my phone went crazy and reset itself repeatedly, maybe 20-30 times. Sometimes I could not even enter the SIM PIN before it reset itself again.

Now back in Sweden, it seems fine again.

Anonymous(anon)

Android version 2.3.4

Baseband version 8x55A-AAABQOAZM-203028A-49

Kernel version 2.6.32.9-perf SEMCUser@SECHost #1

Version 4.0.1.A.0.283