Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Random Resets of Xperia Ray

Has anyone experienced any random resets of the Xperia Ray?

As soon as I attach to any wireless network the phone randomly resets.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Random Resets of Xperia Ray

That's odd.

Can you try to perform a software/firmwware repair using PC Companion
Connect your phone to the PC via the USB cable
The repair option on PC Companion (Support Zone --> Update --> Repair).

Please backup your phone data and settings before proceeding.

Anonymous(anon)

If that did not work, can you try the SE Update service

http://dl-www.sonyericsson.com/cws/download/1/110/61/1315209439/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.9.6.exe

Download, install and launch the update service. Follow the onscreen prompts.

Please backup your phone data and settings before proceeding.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi, thanks for your response.

Does this do anything different from the reinstall from the SE Companion Suite?

I have updated and then reinstalled twice already.

After a reinstallation it is fine until we start using it and then it starts to reboot with seemingly increasing occurance to the point where it just sits in a reboot loop.

Anonymous(anon)

My ray resets whenever i lose signal and starts to search for one. I woke up the other day and saw my ray in the middle of rebooting. The rebooting didnt stop as well and just continued in a loop until i took the battery out. i took out my sim card and the phone worked just fine. i turned on airplane mode then turned off the phone, went to a spot where i know theres a better signal, inserted the sim and turned it back on again. its quickfix but it bugs me knowing that theres something wrong with my ray. it still reboots whenever signal strength drops to 0. can someone pls help? thanks much.

Anonymous(anon)

is this an isolated issue?

i plan on buying the ray as a replacement of my xperia mini & i want to make sure that its issue-free. thanks.

Anonymous(anon)

If you have already performed the software/firmware repair using PCC and also used the SE US, then there is something not right with the phone.

You may need to bring it to a SE service centre for them to diagnose.

If it is a hardware fault, it can most probably be replaced with a new one.

If it is a software bug in the current version of the firmware, then SE has to come out with a software bug fix.

Anonymous(anon)

I just got my Xperia Ray last week, all seemed fine for a couple of days.

Then I connected it to my Windows laptop, installed the PC Companion and upgraded the phone to Android 2.3.4 from the PC. Now the phone restarts several times every day. Sometimes when it is seemingly idle, I try to use it and realize I have to enter my SIM PIN (I think this is an indication of a restart). Sometimes when I try do something with it when it has been idle for a while, it just restarts.

I don't have WiFi enabled all the time.

Some other post for Xperia Arc mentioned that the battery might be a little bit loose and cause restarts but I don't think this is the case for my Ray, the battery seems to sit very tight. And I think it started to happen after the 2.3.4 update.

-- Ola

Anonymous(anon)

My wife got new Ray and it rebooted itself between 15min-few hours. Then i upgraded it to 2.3.4 and it only reboots when wlan is enabled (at least I haven't seen it to reboot without wlan). 

I'll check if it's related to my wlan network because phone most likely uses power-save options of wlan and my wlan box may miss that feature.

So it might be software/firmware issue because update made things better, but it may be hw issue as well. If I get any of my broken phones back from service and wlan box change does not help, I'll have to send phone to service. A phone which is in "insert PIN code"-mode is quite useless anyway.

Anonymous(anon)

Still getting random resets.

Cannot put it down to anything really anymore other than it just randomly resets, even when using a different battery (the battery definatly isn't loose).