Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

PC Companion for Sony Xperia ray.

I have a Sony Xperia Ray (ST18i) phone and want to take back up of Contacts, Text Messages, Bookmarks, settings etc.

I tried to use PC Companion for this. The PC Companion is of the latest version 2.10.079 (Production 24).

I see all the options on the PC Companion home page BUT NOT Backup & Restore.

What could be the reason that I do not find it on my PC Companion software?

What is it that I have to do so that I can see Backup & Restore in PC Companion?

PC Companion.jpg

One time poster
bivekniraula

Re: PC Companion for Sony Xperia ray.

I was also looking for the same thing and got this link

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

Where it is written (availability of applications depends on your phone and operator).

I have Xperia Arc S and i am also  not getting this option. Is it available for any Older version?

Master
nolramlb

Anonymous(anon)

I have Sony Xperia Ray (ST18i).

Infact, Xperia Arc S is a higher variant in the Xperia family.

If availability of any particular application (Backup & Restore) depends on the phone and the operator, then Arc S is surely a higher variant, this application should have been there on PC Companion for your phone.

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks nolramlb for the link.

Can you please suggest how does these apps are and work?

1.  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zegoggles.smssync&feature=search_result

OR

2.  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore&feature=search_result

I tried installing the SECOND one from Android Market via PC. Though it said that the app was installed on my device, it was actually not installed at all.

Is there are setting that I have to do in my phone for this app to be installed (via PC) and be seen on my phone?

Master
nolramlb

you must open google play and it will install automatically, if not try to go to google play>menu key>my apps.

One time poster
bivekniraula

But i want backup to be stored in PC  so that even if the memory card is formatted, backup is safe in PC. Is there a good backup software for PC which can replace PC companion?

Master
nolramlb