Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

My phone doesn't turn on anymore since update

Hi,

I just made the 4.0.2.A.0.62 update on my Xperia ray ST18i yesterday and since then I can't turn it on anymore.

Here is what I did to update the phone :

-> I downloaded the update.

-> I launched the setup clicking on "Install".

-> My phone turned off and after few seconds the screen displayed an install icon with 3 rounds (for every steps of the setup I guess).

-> After few seconds the phone turned off by itself.

What I did to try to resolve the issue :

-> I took the battery off for few seconds, put it back to the phone and then tried to turn it on : nothing happened, no reactions of the phone

-> I tried to connect the phone to the wall charger with USB (the battery was approximativly 50% when I tried the update) : nothing happened, no reactions of the phone

-> I tried to connect the phone to my PC with USB : nothing happened, no reactions of the phone, the PC didn't even reconize the phone

-> I tested the battery and it seemed ok.

-> I downloaded and installed PCC and connect the phone to my PC : PCC didn't reconnize the phone

-> I downloaded and installed Update Service (SEUS). the soft reconnized the phone so I was able so successfully update the phone but still I wasn't able to turn the phone on

Since I updated my phone with SEUS, my PC and PCC both reconnized the phone, and when the phone is connected the notification LED turns on green and when I try to turn the phone on (keeping my finger on the ON button) the notification LED  appear and disappear constantly every seconds (color : green).

Thanks in advance for your kind help !

slimshaddy

Re: My phone doesn't turn on anymore since update

ok try to update once again with update service and if it still doesnt turns on , you have to get it checked by a service centre near you..

Community Manager
Johan

Follow slimshaddys advice. And if it fails you can contact your local support team for info about repair centers in your area.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/corporate/common/contact/phonelist

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi,

I tried to update once again but the issue is the same ...

It's a shame that a 2 weeks old Sony phone crash down after an ... update ! I'm also suprised that the only support and explanations Sony can give to its customer is the adress of the repair centers (it will takes much more time and I won't have my phone back before days or weeks :smileysad: ... ). Moreover, same if I can get my phone repaired, I still won't know if I can make updates, what is the exact issue.

slimshaddy

well sometimes this issue happen , and dont worry you can make future updates wihout any problem....

don't be afraid , its an electronic device and anything can happen..

Anonymous(anon)

Hi Bealtus,

My Xperia Ray has exactly this issue as your in this morning and i was worrying all day until tonight. My Xperia Ray is a Japanese version(so03c nttDocomo) and it had an unlock bootloader before, so i can not update the firmwares directly on my phone anymore because it will be bricked. I guess your phone had been rooted or unlocked, right?:smileylaugh:Fortunately i found the solution for this. Just follow the steps below:

1. Download software Flashtool here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?h2dwrz18mujx765

2. Extract it to a folder and find and run the file: "X10FlashTool.exe"

3. Click "flash" button on window then press and hold power button on your phone and take an usb connect at the same time.

4. Wait to see the sentence: " the flash process is finish" and disconnect the usb cable then turn your phone on.

5. It is done, your phone backed to the life:smileycool:

But after this shocked broblem, i can not go to google play. My phone always show the notification: "can not connect" anytime i try to do it. Irrespective of from the Market icon and web browser app.(no problem with web surfing though)Can annyone help me, pls?