Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

My phone doesn't turn on anymore since update

Hi,

I just made the 4.0.2.A.0.62 update on my Xperia ray ST18i yesterday and since then I can't turn it on anymore.

Here is what I did to update the phone :

-> I downloaded the update.

-> I launched the setup clicking on "Install".

-> My phone turned off and after few seconds the screen displayed an install icon with 3 rounds (for every steps of the setup I guess).

-> After few seconds the phone turned off by itself.

What I did to try to resolve the issue :

-> I took the battery off for few seconds, put it back to the phone and then tried to turn it on : nothing happened, no reactions of the phone

-> I tried to connect the phone to the wall charger with USB (the battery was approximativly 50% when I tried the update) : nothing happened, no reactions of the phone

-> I tried to connect the phone to my PC with USB : nothing happened, no reactions of the phone, the PC didn't even reconize the phone

-> I tested the battery and it seemed ok.

-> I downloaded and installed PCC and connect the phone to my PC : PCC didn't reconnize the phone

-> I downloaded and installed Update Service (SEUS). the soft reconnized the phone so I was able so successfully update the phone but still I wasn't able to turn the phone on

Since I updated my phone with SEUS, my PC and PCC both reconnized the phone, and when the phone is connected the notification LED turns on green and when I try to turn the phone on (keeping my finger on the ON button) the notification LED  appear and disappear constantly every seconds (color : green).

Thanks in advance for your kind help !

slimshaddy

Re: My phone doesn't turn on anymore since update

ok try to update once again with update service and if it still doesnt turns on , you have to get it checked by a service centre near you..

Community Manager
Johan

Follow slimshaddys advice. And if it fails you can contact your local support team for info about repair centers in your area.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/corporate/common/contact/phonelist

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi,

I tried to update once again but the issue is the same ...

It's a shame that a 2 weeks old Sony phone crash down after an ... update ! I'm also suprised that the only support and explanations Sony can give to its customer is the adress of the repair centers (it will takes much more time and I won't have my phone back before days or weeks :smileysad: ... ). Moreover, same if I can get my phone repaired, I still won't know if I can make updates, what is the exact issue.

slimshaddy

well sometimes this issue happen , and dont worry you can make future updates wihout any problem....

don't be afraid , its an electronic device and anything can happen..

Anonymous(anon)

Hi Bealtus,

My Xperia Ray has exactly this issue as your in this morning and i was worrying all day until tonight. My Xperia Ray is a Japanese version(so03c nttDocomo) and it had an unlock bootloader before, so i can not update the firmwares directly on my phone anymore because it will be bricked. I guess your phone had been rooted or unlocked, right?:smileylaugh:Fortunately i found the solution for this. Just follow the steps below:

1. Download software Flashtool here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?h2dwrz18mujx765

2. Extract it to a folder and find and run the file: "X10FlashTool.exe"

3. Click "flash" button on window then press and hold power button on your phone and take an usb connect at the same time.

4. Wait to see the sentence: " the flash process is finish" and disconnect the usb cable then turn your phone on.

5. It is done, your phone backed to the life:smileycool:

But after this shocked broblem, i can not go to google play. My phone always show the notification: "can not connect" anytime i try to do it. Irrespective of from the Market icon and web browser app.(no problem with web surfing though)Can annyone help me, pls?