Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)
Accepted Solution

My Xperia ray battery drop from 23% to 1% and power off

These days when I using my Xperia Ray, the battery level drop from 23% to 1% in one second and auto-power off. When I charge it, the battery level jump from 1% to 23%. Could any one help me, Thanks!!

Nabeel

Re: My Xperia ray battery drop from 23% to 1% and power off

Take the battery out of mobile for about one minute and re-insert it

and see if there is any change in %
if yes then most probably your problem is solved

now charge the mobile and you wont face this problem again :smileyhappy:

Need any help related to moderation? message me or any other moderator.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

there might be a bug, you can run Update Service to repair it if this happen again

Update Service (SEUS)

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

OMG this is exactly happening to me too!! After reaches 20% the battery will reach 0% in like 1 second. =,=

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks nabeelraza, your suggestion works, problem solved :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

aha, just see nabeelraza's suggestion

Anonymous(anon)

A similar thing happended to me but when my battery went down to 1% I plugged this in for a recharge and its never charged up again? Can someone help? The battery is 0% and I have this plugged into my charger. The charger is recognised but is not charging the battery.

I don't think the charger is the problem as surely it wouldn't recognise it if it weren't working? So the only way it is switched on at the moment is when its plugged in to the charger but the battery is static at 0%. When I unplug it powers down and the phone is off. When I plug back in it powers up but remains at 0% battery life.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Nabeel

oops, its one of the deadly bug or defect in xperia,,
First question - is your device rooted ?

Need any help related to moderation? message me or any other moderator.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi Nabeelraza,

Thanks for responding. After reading through several posts and realising its a battery thing I have managed to get this working now - however I will be keeping my eye on it!

Thanks to you and other posters on this site.

One time poster
sriramray

Hello, my xperia ray started to give the same trouble but i was able to rectify the fault. My phone used to do the same thing of showing suddenly 1% and switching off, when pluged in to a charger showing 22% and charging from therafter.

I think this bug is caused by a widget named "Battery solo widget"--(it is a small widget which shows the battery percent), so today when my phone was about to get around 20% charge i deleted the widget from the home screen and alas as a new phone the power save manager popped out and i used it to see this post and post from my mobile and the battery after now is 14% and holding good.