Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Master
slimshaddy

Re: More on poor camera performance

so do you think higher iso's because of the exomr..??

whats the default value of iso in the neo v..??

and if we want to take crisp images iso should be set at lower values..right..??

Rookie
ply17410

Slimshaddy,

I pointed out the difference in ISO because the ExmorR CMOS sensor on the RAY is supposed to be 'more light sensitive'.  Thus ... it should be able to take a picture at a lower ISO value.

So it really surprised me that it was using almost ISO 400 which in any moderate priced digital camera will start to show noise.

Really though the Ray does take a more appealing picture.  Look at this full size and then zoomed 2x crop and the edge enhancement the C905 has: (you might need to click on the image to open it to size)

cropC905.png

Bob H

Rookie
ply17410

Here for comparison is from the Xperia Ray.  Note the better definition in the blacks of the barcode and no edge enhancement.

If Sony would just allow selection of picture quality compression level I think this could be resolved.

Bob H

cropRay.png

Anonymous(anon)

If its coz of ISO then we might get custom settings to choose ISO settings ourselves ... chck this out

gsmarena_008.jpg

This is a Xperia S screen shot .. i hope 2011 line up will also get this settings in ICS

Forum Legend
uliwooly

yeah but what I'm thinking that its something beyond that, that we can't control and this ISO might be aside another auto ISO

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

hmm maybe its a hardware limitation?

anyways uli try this App

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.moblynx.cameraics

some member suggested it and i noticed it gives Low ISO values at night as it is night here so i cant take outdoors pics right now .. try it ..its not tht good but i can see slight improvement for sure

Forum Legend
uliwooly

I'll give it a shot and I'll try to find more info regarding this whole low light sensor or backlit sensor if its nothing more than an ISO engine that any hardware miracle :smileysilly:

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

lol :smileyhappy: keep the cam stable as this app does not have image stabilizer :smileysilly:

omg also try the Video .. the auto focus changes soo fast though it a lot dark using the flash also .. but i guess in day light the video recorder will rock .. it less thn a second to shift focus unline stock gingerbread which takes 2-3 sec

waiting for ur review :smileyhappy:

Rookie
ply17410

100rabh791,

Thanks for posting this screenshot!

Bob H

Anonymous(anon)

ahh anytime ... i am as disappointed as you are and trying to find the cause