Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

How to remove Chinese keyBoard

Hi

I bought my Xperia Ray from HongKong, i have tried to remove chinese keyboard from my writing languages but i cant.

how can i remove it because i am using ENG and Farsi Keyboard, If chinese is there i can not use Farsi.

Help Please!

I updated my phone to 4.0.2.A.0.58, but again i have the same problem.

Inhabitant
higwayman

Re: How to remove Chinese keyBoard

This is not a problem and it is because the phone is customise according to the location HK. Since you bought a local HK set, it is logical they have chinese k/board because 95% of HK people is chinese!

Try  tab HOLD on to the windows for input, a box will appears, choose Input method, select Farsi.

This will work if you Farsi on your "HK" phone.

Good luck,:smileywink:

Anonymous(anon)

I have the same issue except that mine was working fine in english but got changed accidently (I really dont know how).

I tried the above method and I get an option "select input method" but the issue is all options are in chinese. For example, chinese zhuyin, chinese cangjie and etc. I dont see any other option available.

Please help ... i am desperate ...

Anonymous(anon)

I tried to remove chinese keyboard from app manager, i cant delete but when i pushed force stop, it turned off, now i dont have it even after phone restart. i thing this is the way but if you have any better solution please tell me.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

you need to root your phone then remove it with titanium backup

Trustee
Markus

You should not need to remove this. Just set the phone to use another one.

Just like highwayman says you should tap and hold your finger in the enter text field. In the popup you tap on Input method. What options do you have here? Can you please upload a screen shot?

Anonymous(anon)

The problem was that, i had no choice but ENG or CN, i selected Farsi as second language but i couldn't change CN to Farsi in keyboard layout. also i dont want to root it, because the warranty will be gone. I found another option, i can flash my phone with 4.0.2.A.0.42 firmware that is not from Hongkong.

and chinese keyboard is not there any more.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

actually flashing other firmware does VOID your warranty, rather than rooting, you can unroot anytime, but flashing does void your warranty in some networks.

and remember there are lots of chinese keyboards on the market that you can use

Anonymous(anon)

ok then please tell me way to root my xperia ray 4.0.2.A.0.58, because i think it is very better for me, and also i tried to root my Xperia ARC 4.0.1.A.0.283, but i can't. help for root please!

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

if you are flashing your phone, might as well flash it with the global generic firmware

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/113162#113162

you can always flashback to the original firmware