Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
joeTaco
Accepted Solution

How to boot Xperia Ray in safe mode?

I've seen that on some other Xperia phones, you hold down the menu button as the phone boots, but the Ray doesn't have a hard menu button soooo.... I tried holding the home button, then the volume buttons, and neither worked.  Is there a way to boot the Ray into safe mode?  Might come in handy some day.

gwhispererz

Re: How to boot Xperia Ray in safe mode?

Hi, to boot  phone in safe mode, power off and on phone, press (touch) and hold Menu button when the text Sony Ericsson appears. You should see the 'Safe mode' at the bottom of the screen.

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks, but it doesn't work.  I'm touching the menu button from the moment "Sony Ericsson appears" until the phone is booted.  Here is the boot sequence:

-little vibrate

-"Sony Ericsson"

-little sony animation, then "sony ericsson"

-"Telus" (my carrier)

I've tried starting at the first sony ericsson, starting at the second one, stopping at telus, stopping when my launcher comes up, nothing seems to work.  Is it another button?  Am I seriously doing this wrong?  Can carriers disable safe mode?

gwhispererz

See if the Back button works.

One time poster
joeTaco

Unfortunately no.  I tried back, menu, home, volume up, volume down, and power.  AKA every button.  Can a Sony employee shed some light on this plz?

Master
slimshaddy

press the power button twice when restarting the phone..

first press the power button , then long press the power button..

theres a user who wants to get out of the safe mode :smileylaugh:

gwhispererz

Ok, try this again .... Power off and on phone, when you see the Sony Ericsson text, tap the Menu button repeatedly until it boot up.

One time poster
joeTaco

Yes!  It works!  Thank you very much!

:smileyhappy:

edit: Aaaagh.  It's so finicky.  After turning off and trying again, I can't get into safe mode any more!  So frustrating.  Tapping the menu button repeatedly definitely worked once though.

Anonymous(anon)

but why I can not boot at all to go when I've followed your way and I can not xperia ray in the root. please help me ??

Master
slimshaddy

try the "correct answer"