Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)
Accepted Solution

Cant connect with pc companion my xperia ray...

When I connect my phone with my pc via pc software "PC Companion", it did not recognise my device, driver MTP didnt install in pc. Please help me how can i connect with pc companion.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Cant connect with pc companion my xperia ray...

I bought phone and downloaded pc companion just today. When I connect phone with pc, there comes a pop up message in phone to install "pc companion" on pc. When tap this message, on pc there started an installation of mtp driver and after some time it shows an error "failed to install".

Anonymous(anon)

I done all things that you friends suggested me. But I'm unable to connect my phone with pc companion in mtp mode. Every time I connect phone with (as I told before) popup msg in phone to install pc companion on desktop PC, but when I tap to install a driver "MTP usb device" begin to install but failed. And pc companion didnt get installed. why phone asking to install it on my pc as I already have it installed? And I've few questions more;

• I want to install 8gb or bigger memory sd card in my xperia ray, how can i do this. means how can I move my apps and other factory installed files to new memor sd card?
  • NO pre-installed file manager and voice reorder, how can i get these, developed by sony?
Community Manager
Johan

The phone uses Windows standard MTP drivers. So try to install or reinstall Windows Media Player (WMP contains these drivers).

www.microsoft.com/windowsmedia

Reboot your PC and try to connect again.

Anonymous(anon)

thanks very much... it solves my prob. thanks.

One time poster
Mateen2255

my ray ics, after factory data reset there is no pop up message to connect to my pc. and my phone just charge with my pc.

how about this? help me please?

Sony Xperia Support
Sony Xperia Support
Sam

To solve the issue, open Device Manager on your computer to reinstall the driver for your device while your device is connected with your PC via a USB cable.

Microsoft Windows Vista and 7 users

To open Device manager on your computer

Click on the Start button. 
In the Search box, type device manager, and then press enter. 

Microsoft Windows 8 users

Click the Desktop Tile to open the Desktop. 
Click >> at the bottom right of the taskbar. 
Select Control Panel from the Menu. 
Select Device Manager from the list of control panel items.
Note: If you do not see the screen with the Device Manager option, click the View by drop-down menu and select Small icons.

Microsoft Windows XP and 2000 users

On the desktop, right-click on My Computer and click Properties. 
In the System Properties window, click the Hardware tab. 
In the Hardware, tab click the Device Manager button.

To reinstall the drivers for your device

Scroll down to the Universal Serial Bus controllers (USB section) of the Device Manager window. 
Look for an MTP Device: Media Device, Unknown Device or any other reference to your phone. Click on this entry and choose "Uninstall" whilst leaving the device connected. 
Wait a few minutes, and the computer will reinstall the drivers for the device.
Now, the phone is accessible via Computer/My Computer on your computer.

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution. 
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.