Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
brapi

1Ghz processor vs 1Ghz dual core processor, is there really a huge diference?

i have seen the specs of the xperia kumquat and it is 1 Ghz dual core processor and it will have the same look as the xperia S only a smaller version, like arc is to ray. anyways is there really a significant difference on the speed of a 1Ghz and 1Ghz dual core? will a 1Ghz dual core processor make a single core 1Ghz look very old? thanks :smileyhappy:

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

Re: 1Ghz processor vs 1Ghz dual core processor, is there really a huge diference?

there is a HUGE difference, you can multi-task easier with Dual core, you can see it on a computer for example, a pc with a single core vs one with dual or quad core, but its not just how many cores it has, its also how Sony take advantage of the dual-core processor

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

Re: 1Ghz processor vs 1Ghz dual core processor, is there really a huge diference?

you can read some about it here

from this

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/154464#154464

keep reading down

One time poster
brapi

so basically having more cores just gives you a better multi task functionality, well i rarely do multitasking because it kills so much battery and who would try to open too many apps while he cannot use them all at the same time right?, well except for he is a power user. having also an extra core kills the battery even more so this means that the battery life of a dual core phone is lesser than a single core. i hope that ray will not be an obsolete phone because of its 1ghz single core processor, i hope it can still run apps and games available on android market (new ones) 

slimshaddy

just to add something :smileywink:

there are 2 processors , one manages heavy applications and the other light applications...

so i dont think both runs simuntaneously , rather when needed...

and its make a huge difference as uli stated..

like you open web pages in your browser , say 2-3 when you close the 3rd page , the first one reloads.. this is due to lack of multi tasking... hardware limitation..

you redirect to any other application or page it needs to reload...

One time poster
mazzi

Sony Xperia S having Qualcomm processor double core 1.5GHz

sony xperia U 1 GHz-clocked dual-core processor

both are qualcomm processor..

Forum Legend
uliwooly

RAM it's another important factor

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Xperia S

Snapdragon S3

Model NumberSemiconductor technologyCPU Instruction SetCPUCPU CacheGPUMemory TechnologyWireless Radio TechnologiesSampling AvailabilityUtilizing Devices

MSM826045 nmARMv71.2-1.5 GHz Dual-core ScorpionL2: 1MBAdreno 220Single-channel 333 MHz ISM/266 MHz LPDDR2GSM (GPRS, EDGE), W-CDMA/UMTS (HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA+), MBMSQ3 2010

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)