Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

xperia pro non functional agps

my new xperia pro gps functionality does not work, I turn on use gps sattelites & use wireless networks but to no avail.I had also enabled data at mobile network settings.I can browse the web but when I useprograms such as maps, navigation wisepilot latitude all have the same error message of "needs working data connection. The sattelite icons link shows up & I am a clear view of the sky no obstructions. I'm from the philippines. Does dthis fucntionality unavailable in my country? How can I get this to work? My friends nokia E7 works effortlessly with this function.please help.

Sony Xperia Support
Sony Xperia Support
Sam

Re: xperia pro non functional agps

It could be localisation issue, however it is more likely that you are using WAP and not internet settings. To check this please do the following:

Main menu > Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > You may need to check with your current network provider to confirm that what you have here is an Internet APN and not WAP.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.