Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

xperia neo problem- phone storage is getting low

hi. im facing a problem with my xperia Neo. recently im getting the message "phone storage is getting low". when i checked the phone storage in settings it showed a mere 4 MB left. i really dont understand how the phone storage dropped to such a low level. my SD card is working fine n has lots of space left. i had upgraded to gingerbread 2.3.4 last month...but i really cant understand how phone memory dropped to 4 MB. now im not able to install many apps from the android market. the apps download fine but cant install since it says "not enough space". having no choice i had to delete some apps from my phone like Go launcher, gmail updates, messenger and some live wallpapers. as a result i managed to get the phone memory to 23 MB. but the problem still persists. the phone displays the same message that phone memory is low n i cant install some apps. can someone please help me to solve this problem?

i have another small problem. i had installed real player from android market. it worked fine. but recently i moved it from phone to SD card in the settings menu. since then the player is working gud but im not able to get its widget on the homescreen. the widget has disappeared n is not on the widget list. how can i restore it? i tried to uninstall n re-install but that didnt solve it.

Master
slimshaddy

Re: xperia neo problem- phone storage is getting low

ok... how many apps you have on your phone..??

also download apps2sd from the android market..

it clears cache files which will increase the storage like 18-20 mb :smileywink:

everytime you use internet or any app... open apps2sd every 3-4 days and cear cache....

its really helpful..

and are you sure it was the real player widget ?? or was it a shortcut..???

Anonymous(anon)

thanks a lot slimshaddy! well i dont have too many apps on my phone. just wats needed for the mails, messengers n music. well i have some news. i went to settings->storage n then the apps list and for each app i hit the "clear data" button. n by this i got the phone memory up to about 50 MB. but then i had to get some vital updates from the internet. the problem is its still just 33 MB. n now the phone is still showing "low on storage". can u plz tell me what was the phone storage in xperia neo by default??

n really thanks for ur suggestion. i wil install apps2sd righhtaway n will let u know how it works. n ya it was the real player widget(not shortcut) that i was talking about.

Master
slimshaddy

well it has total 380 mb..

go to settings > applications > manage applications

and check there the internal memory usage....

and report here...

you should download app2sd and it will increase the memory :smileywink:

Anonymous(anon)

hd games is not working in my xperia neo

Forum Legend
uliwooly

if you want extra storage check this out

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/thread/30193

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

@slimshaddy- wen i go to manage applications i have 4 tabs namely- downloaded, all, SD card and running. under downloaded the memory used is 343 MB n free is 37 MB. under running used is 153 mb n free 147 mb. now this is wat i dont understand...how did it go down from 380 MB to 37 MB? cud it be due to the android gingerbread 2.3.4 update?

n yes i used the app u suggested...app2sd. but it didnt fare too well. wenever i click "clear cache" it says "no cache size used by apps". i still use my old way of going to manage apps n then clicking "clear data" for each app...but i go only as high as about 50 mb with that. this prob is getting frustrating...suggest something!!

Master
slimshaddy

used 343 mb..?? :smileyplain: this is the internal memory usage... but how can this be...

you said that you dont have much applications but still its a lot more usage...

in thats apps2sd , what its showing in the 2nd and 3rd tab.. how many applications..??

is your phone on contract..?? maybe your operator filled the phone with bloatware ( extra stuff which cant be deleted )

also , how many apps pages you have in your menu..?? ( set the meu arrangement to alphabetical ) and tell me..

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Try this out

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/146351#146351

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Master
slimshaddy

but still uli , why hes getting so low space in the first place , he doesnt have so many apps...