Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)
Accepted Solution

unsupportedheasetnotifier lots of data traffic

screenshot_2012-03-22_1511[1].png

Why is this program / process using so much data traffic? I'm now killing the proces whenever the phone boots

running on firmware 4.0.2.A.0.69

Trustee
Markus

Re: unsupportedheasetnotifier lots of data traffic

"Unsupportedheadsetnotifier" is the process that lets you know if you connect an incompatible accessory to the phone.

The data traffic listed is not only for this app though. It's for all system processes (e.g. Google Backup Transport).

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks for the answer!

Too bad I cannot see what causes the data traffic. Calender / Contacts sync is not using this connection I guess. I have turned off the google backup service. And it's only receiving data most of the time. Not much data is send.

Trustee
Markus

I've been using an app called "Onavo". This one will monitor data usage. Have a look at it and see if it helps clear things out. :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks, I was using 3G Watchdog, but maybe this app can show me more information.

:smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

I have the same problem with my ArcS (2.3.4). This process starts even using the packed headset. Since the last month my data bonus was depleted the second week I'm started to use "My Data Manager" to monitorize the traffic. It seems to consume 4mb each day :smileyshocked:

screenshot_2012-06-10_1051.png

Of course, I did the test while conected by WiFi, but I don't know how to avoid this process conect by 3G. Shall I have to root the phone?