Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Your first impressions about Xperia neo

Well, now we are a bit off topic. Apps are great, but I don't want to costumize the phone with different launchers, skins, themes, and what not to find a phonebook that sort my contacts by last name and in some cases not as well integrated as the standard SE. This should be a simple fix by SE.

If my contacts in gmail is in a specific order - that order should be implemented on the phone as well and in my search for a solution many other agrees.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

they just released an update, as I recalled 2.3.4 will be sometime on Q4

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

excellent! Xperia neo is awesome...

before i bought the phone i'm a little bit discourage because of this review from engdaget http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/19/sony-ericsson-xperia-neo-review/ but xperia neo is in my hand already and i'm fascinated with no regrets coz i like the size and design.... Yeah its green heart so its a little bit plasticky... Unfortunately i have to agree with some of the points in engadget. Some photo's is a little bit grainy? why oh why? maybe Sony Ericsson will fix this through updates (cross finger)  according to the review its possible due to the photo processing in converting to Jpeg file. i have sony ericsson k770i with 3.2MP and the photo is outstanding and not grainy... i moved all my old pics in my new phone so i can see the difference... and one thing more is that in 8MP there is no 16:9 ratio. no zoom in 8mp and 6mp...battery is just fine, i need to recharge every other day, simcard slot should be accesible like the Sd card slot...i but above all things everything is stunning..... the sceen size, the shape is cute, front facing camera and the color..... the unique style outshines other brands it looks elegant and eyecatching...

Anonymous(anon)

This is my first android phone. Camera capabilities are great but the compression to save the pictures under 1MB is seriously hindering the quality. I love how there's an app for almost everything in the market. However with that said, I am utterly disappointed as there is no video call capabilities aside from using skype.........which is available on my Nokia even before android was mainstream.....

Anonymous(anon)

Syaz217 i agree with you.... anyways i'm hoping that this will be fix for the next update...  the photo compression...

One time poster
uiq3user

"I am utterly disappointed as  there is no video call capabilities aside from using skype.........which is available on my Nokia even before android was."
Welcome to the Club Syaz217
That is not likely to happen even in next updates.
More likely that this feature  will be in the new models, such  as Dual and the like.

Anonymous(anon)

Guys guys guys, there is no POINT going over this all over again. The MODs of SE have assured us that they are not at all interested in launching Video Calls over 3G. We have had a Huge debate but no POINT.

Check out this tread.

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/thread/15729

As you can see the MODs are not interested and do not wish to debate on it anymore. If you do, the only solution they provide is, go buy the Smartphone which provides 3G video Calling facility.

One time poster
uiq3user

Totally agree with you coolsmaran. 
Discussions on this are pointless.Official SE's target is Entertainment sector and hence such a phones and not Connectivity.

Anonymous(anon)

Owh don't get me wrong, I'm just saying about my first impression. Don't wanna start any argument here. :smileyhappy:

One time poster
uiq3user

Xperia Arc, Android 2.4 ?

@coolsmaran;
"Are there any chances of 2.3.4  upgrade for NEO?".

@uliwooly;
"they just released an update, as I recalled 2.3.4 will be somtime on Q4".

It is possible even earlier if today THIS is a fact:
http://files.myopera.com/FarkadD/Operating/Xperia%20Arc_Android%202.4.png
As a matter of fact this picture was taken back in June.

Post from UIQ3 device.

Text edited by: uiq3user