Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Oracle
suze

Re: Your first impressions about Xperia neo

I was going to suggest my favorite market calendar Jorte, which you can either sync of just use on the phone. 

Anonymous(anon)

I posted this review a few days ago:

Yesterday, I exchanged my HTC desire for a Sony Ericsson Neo. I really wanted a pro, but even though it has been released a long time ago, it is not possible to buy yet. (Google "the Osbourne effect")
This is a short summary of the experience so far.
pro: Most of the points that I disliked with the Desire are much much better on the neo. The camera is much better, the touch screen is much more accurate. The cpu is faster. there is a frontfacing camera. In addition, the design is better, the screen is better and it is easier to operate onehandedly. I haven't yet started to explore the extra benefits from the GUI.
cons: there are a few points where the desire was better, but nothing that can't be fixed or lived with.
there is no search button. this can be lived with, but I wish there was one.
there is no t9. this is strange, as other SE android phones have. but I downloaded a rather good one for free.
no hardware "keypad". the same keyboard app allows me to assign swipes to left and right arrows, which is exactly what I need.
the cut&paste system is not perfect.
the camera app allows me too few choices. this may be because the automatic is good enough. it may also be possible to download a new photo app. any suggestions? I also miss panorama.
the cool weather widget is also missing...
in addition, I am looking for an app for sip or h.323 video conferencing, preferably one which can do Turn with separate credentials.
please also suggest other good apps.

After posting this, I noticed another problem... The Widgets are being killed... Regularly... And the only way to re-start them are to reboot the phone. I have un-installed any task-killer apps to see if this fixes the problem.

I also noticed that the audio-quality is much better on the Neo.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi,

couple of notes:

• cut & paste should be stock android but I'm not sure what the Desire had on it.
  • if you're missing t9 in the dialer (when you're trying to call someone), try some alternate dialers. Dialer One does a good job at that
  • camera360 is a good camera app that adds image stabilization (not sure if the neo has it by default). Most of the other camera apps are for adding effects
  • the weather widget you're thinking of is probably the stock android weather widget (by Google). I don't see it in the market but you can probably get it at some point as the developers bring (more) Android options to the Neo
  • as of Android 2.3 (as I recall), SIP is built into the system. Look under settings > call settings > Internet call settings. You can add a number of accounts and choose what service to use (mobile carrier, SIP #1, SIP #2, etc) each time you make a call. Works over wifi and everything you'd expect. Or did you mean SIP video conferencing? If so, I'm not sure. Google Talk video calls come out with 2.3.4, skype now does it, but there must be some generic SIP video apps
  • as for the widgets closing. It might be an issue with the SE launcher. You could try using ADW or any good launcher in the meantime and see if that helps.

Thanks for your review! I was curious about the desire.

Anonymous(anon)

Problem solved...

Sent the phone back to the shop within the 14 days of right to cancel the puschase

With that said, the calendar issue was solved with a new sim card, but...

Sent the phone back anyway because of lack of signal indoor in our house.

It had signal just a couple of places, and a very bad one it was.

Also when my wife called me (and others) the soundvolume was so bad I had to stop my car

and really consentrate to hear her (and yes, I was using handsfree :smileywink: )

Never had this issues with any other phone...

Maybe a "monday product" this one, but now it is back in the store and my wife has now got a HTC Desire S

Everthing works and setup was a dream with transfering from the old phone via bluetooth :smileyhappy:

Both me and my wife have had many SE phones over the years, but think this was the last one...

Thanks for the help anyway :smileyhappy:

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Anytime, I'm glad its working now

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Why why why can't I sort my contacts by last name. Everything is set up in Google, but it doesn't apply when syncing with Neo. !?!?!?!?!?!!??!

Will it be sorted out in the next update?

//

Forum Legend
uliwooly

not in the update

remember thisi s an smartphone, if your phone can't do something you can download an app that will do just that

check the market (on your computer its faster)

market.android.com

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

It's a shame though that a smartphone can't do something that my nokia from 1997 did without any prob's.

Why should SE want me to download HTC or LG stuff.. wouldn't they want me to promote their phone/software/lifestyle etc etc that comes with the phone?

Could have bought another brand if i would have wanted to fill my phone with 3rd party apps.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

what do you mean by downloading apps by HTC or LG?

its a smartphone, its great they don't add a lot of pre-installed apps, why? because if they do the phone will be slower and/or it'll be a waste for some users who doesn't use those apps, again the great thing about a smartphone is that there are thousands of apps on the market to customize your phone and mod it as much as you want to.

just remember that the old phones(non smartphones must come with preinstalled apps or features because they can't be added later on)

after all its about personal preference, if you feel so strong about not wanting to install apps, an smartphone might not be for you since thats one if not the most important aspect of an Android or even ioS (iphone) phone, just look and winmobile they are trying really hard to catch up with the nmber of apps available to their customers

Anonymous(anon)

Are there any chances of 2.3.4 upgrade for NEO?