Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
uiq3user

Re: Your first impressions about Xperia neo

Eswar_neo wrote:

Hi SE,

I have few questions :

1)  Is there any chance of  video calling over 3g after ugarde of  > andriod 2.3.2 version

(...)

Hi there,

Have you read in this thread Johan-SEAnswers' post, (May 10, 1:53 PM) concerning 3G video call and comments to it?

In short, waiting for such a option in Neo's future upgrade is pointless. :smileysad:

I'm also disappointed about this! :smileycry:

Anonymous(anon)

Does any xperia phone has offline maps similar to Nokia OVi maps (downloadable maps and voice navigation), I am interested in xperia neo that's why asking this question here

Forum Legend
uliwooly
Anonymous(anon)

First impression is "totally useless" and a desire to return it to the shop...

Tried to set up calendar, but nooooo... go to connect to net and use faceshit or goog calendars...

What the f... is this, no calendar ON the phone???

Don't want to have a calendar on the net, why isn't there one on the phone???

And DO NOT want to download from android market or elsewhere, the option there is to let the phone open for hacking

think that this piece of s... is going back to the shop...

Forum Legend
uliwooly

is it your first smartphone? if it is then smartphones probably aren't for you in the sense that the whole point of the market is that you have more options, not just the preloaded apps.

you can use google calendar, the only thing you have to do is sync once w/ your gmail and after that it won't require that you sync again

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

no, it's not my first smartphone, but I have a REAL smartphone... a htc :smileywink:

this xperia-thing is my wifes...

It's not just to sync this miserable phone with google, because the calendar is not on the sync list

G-mail and contacts, yes, but calendar, no....

And the idea that you MUST be on net to use anything on the phone... hurray for privacy...

Forum Legend
uliwooly

not everything has to be on the net, thats a misconception, like I said you could sync only once before you enter anything on your phone then go to

settings -> accounts & sync -> google -> uncheck calendar 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

I know you don't want market calendars but this one its great

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.companionlink.clusbsync&feature=search_result

Anonymous(anon)

thank's for tip, but allready tried that.

Tried everything in the manual as well, but there is simply no way that

the phone want to sync with google calendar.

Also connected with the pc with pc companion, which reports that everything is in order

and working well, but it's not

Going in on calendar and trying to write new event, the message is ""no calendar is available, add account

to syncronise" On my calendars there are no calendars

Have made tree googleaccounts, but calendars... no... contacts and g-mail, yes...

Forum Legend
uliwooly

ok turn on your 3G if its off, go to settings -> accounts & sync -> background data on and auto sync on -> tap on google make sure calendar is selected

open your calendar -> press MENU -> More -> Calendars -> tap on your Gmail-> and it should say Synced visible