Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Your first impressions about Xperia neo

Thanks for the links.

I confirm that when I have to take a plane early in the morning, I turned off my W995. When alarm time occurs, it starts up, rings the alarms sound and wakes me up ! Really useful and securing !

Regards;

One time poster
uiq3user

uliwooly wrote

Alarms

are you saying that if you shutdown your old phone (W995) it will turn back on so the alarm could go off?

this is new to me bc I have never heard of a phone that did that, not even other electronics, if they do, then they are not off entirely but Idle

This is normal in all phones with Sony Ericsson System since the appearance of K-series, eg. K700i, K750i, D750i, W800i, W810i, W850i, K800, K810, K850i, W880i...

I assure you, if this kind of phone is switched off and the battery is charged, it will work without a problem after a few months when you turn it on. Of course, the battery will be discharged to a certain extent due to natural discharging process.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

yeah so it makes sense bc the phone its NOT entirely off, its on idle mode, therefore it will drain your battery, and since its not a smart phone it wont drain as much battery, you can compary the idle battery life from lets say W580i and Xperia neo and its a HUGE different, I remember my W580i could last up to 3 weeks w/o recharging it. so if you compare the percentages of power drain from idle modes it shouldn't be so far off and for the most part those phones weren't 3G capable phones correct?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
uiq3user

tzolop wrote:

Hi,

Video Call : The phone has a video call capability that I can't use. I use this a lot with my W995. This is something quite embarrasing as my mobile operator support it, my contacts support it, my contract support it, but not my phone. It would be great to have the phone to support this by default without any specific app.

Alarm support : I've been disappointed to see that when my Xperia Neo was off, no alarms were fired. I was so used to do this in confidence with my W995. I understand that the designed is different but I would have liked to know this limitation before.

No application to turn the flash led on : There is a native app on the W995 to turn on the flash light, to keep it lighting for 1 minute.

You mean lack of Video call via UMTS? It makes me upset since I am looking for this option in Xperia Pro (click) and nobody confirmed this.

All I know Neo and Pro have Video-chat option analogous to VoIP

but not this I am looking for - me too waiting for the SE-feedback in this issue.

Alarm support: This is typical for phones with 2nd party operating systems, ie. Symbian, UIQ3, Android...

Native app on the W995 to turn on the flash light, to keep it lighting for 1 minute.

This feature has long been known as a Torch. Start looking for it.

Anonymous(anon)

Everything in this Smartphone is EXCELLENT but with only one single BIGGEST DISSAPOINTMENT, No Video Calling over 3G. Do upgrade this smartphone with this feature and it is Unbeatable Device.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi SE,

the phone has nice features  with good  price tag.

I saw many reviews regarding xperia Neo,

PROS: andriod 2.3.2 , camera with exmor sensor  , HDMI

CONS : 320mb internal memory and No video calling over 3g.

I have few questions :

1)  Is there any chance of  video calling over 3g after ugarde of  > andriod 2.3.2 version

2)In some web sites they mentioned xperia neo having 2mp camera. but SE mentioned that VGA camera.

3) In SE website all features are same for arc and neo except front camera and screen size.

I found in the below link[video] that the bright is less in neo  compared Arc. Why?

Please let me know any other differance between arc and Noe and which one is the best............I'm unable to choose ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYqIGWPclJA

3) I want the release date of neo ........ plz?

One time poster
uiq3user

Hi,

read Johan-SEAnswers yesterday's post in this thread. How would you comment it?

Anonymous(anon)

why it says in the specs have 512 MB RAM. but mine only has 380 MB RAM?????????????? im confused

Forum Legend
uliwooly

the answer is the same and/or quite similar to the Xperia Arc's RAM

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/66430#66430

Here is the final word on RAM:

- The Xperia arc does contain 512MB RAM.

- There is an amount taken by the Android OS that will not be accounted for in apps. designed to show statistics.

- The amount of RAM available for user apps. can vary based on customization and branding.

Short and simple. I will be x-posting this in other arc/RAM related threads.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
uiq3user

tzolop@Re: Traditional video calls - possible on Xperia Pro?

wrote:

Yes ! I'm also disappointed about this. I'm used to do video call with my W995. I was expecting this to come stock with the Xperia Neo. I can't understand why SE didn't implemented this by default with the phone that brings a front facing camera and supports 3G.

I am still using the old SE smartphone with a hardware keyboard and a video call option. I used the other SE feature phones with this option, as well W995 - because I'm with SE for almost 10 years, 6 of them without interruption. I wanted to replace the old smartphone to the analogous SE and with a future prospect operating system. Earlier Xperias did not satisfy me.
I have not decided to smartphones from other developers, because I just didn't want to learn from the beginning the entire infrastructure of new producer services.
I waited, waited and finally saw the Neo and Pro - the chance for replacement finally - and I was pleased. Very short time! Now, after reading Johan's post I suddenly went blind - I see the darkness!
In addition, uliwooly presented the sensible thesis according to which waiting for 3G video call option in the next upgrade is hopeless.
Yes, it is more likely that this option will be implemented in new phones that will be presented at the end of the year. Looks like I will have to say goodbye to the SE and select the product from Korea or Taiwan.