2011-04-04 02:07 AM
- What's one word you'd use to describe this device?
- Have you read any reviews about this phone, please share the link if you have
a lot of reviews & previews, videos from MWC or CES
- What phones (from other manufacturers) do you think are the most similar in features?
galaxy s, galaxy s II, incredible s, desire s, atrix
- What do you feel is the feature(s) of this phone that makes it unique amongst our competition.
- What is one thing you feel is missing, or you wished to be available?
I know that this is marketed as a mid-grade phone but I'm choosing this phone instead of the arc, play, atrix, thunderbolt, evo 3d, optimus 3d, and every other android phone. It's not about price but about the right mix of features.
2011-04-09 12:51 PM
can anyone tell if i can install application in its external memory card of the xperia neo because its internal is only 320mb.. and what is the cons if it is not possible.....
2011-05-08 04:20 PM
I got my XPeria Neo for a week so. I must say that I'm more thatn happy with it except a few things. I switched from a W995 which I admired.
There are some misses I found embarrassing in comparison to the W995.
On the application side :
* No application for taking notes :I used my W995 a lot to take short notes and sync them with the SonyEricsson sync portal. After a few hours spent with the Xperia Neo, I couldn't find any similar application that could sync my notes.
* No application to turn the flash led on : There is a native app on the W995 to turn on the flash light, to keep it lighting for 1 minute. I couldn't find this in the Xperia neo. I browsed the Android market but got lost with the number of applications and wasn't sure of wich one to choose.
The other two things I found missing are :
Video Call : The phone has a video call capability that I can't use. I use this a lot with my W995. This is something quite embarrasing as my mobile operator support it, my contacts support it, my contract support it, but not my phone. It would be great to have the phone to support this by default without any specific app.
Alarm support : I've been disappointed to see that when my Xperia Neo was off, no alarms were fired. I was so used to do this in confidence with my W995. I understand that the designed is different but I would have liked to know this limitation before.
Last point is battery life.It's in fact way below the W995. The screen dries out the battery even when the brightness is tuned very low.
Beside that, I found the phone impressive, very easy to use, delivers almost all the features I had with the W995. I may need to wait for a software upgrade to have the Neo at the same level as the W995.
Please can someone at SonyEricsson consider this.
Thanks for reading my impressions.
2011-05-08 06:37 PM
This is a smartphone therefore you can download the apps
to take notes
to turn on/off the LED flash
2011-05-08 06:42 PM
for video call try
or Yahoo messenger (you need both apps)
are you saying that if you shutdown your old phone (W995) it will turn back on so the alarm could go off?
this is new to me bc I have never heard of a phone that did that, not even other electronics, if they do, then they are not off entirely but Idle
2011-05-08 06:44 PM
to increase your battery performance
To access the battery usage menu:
To add the Status switch widget to your Home screen:
To add the Power control widget to your Home screen:
To adjust the screen brightness:
To turn off all data traffic over mobile networks: