Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Leona23

Re: Xperia Pro Wifi Issues

I have been running Wifi fixer for a few days now, thought it was helping, but a couple of times now even it didn't manage to connect my phone to the router, I have emailed a log to the developer to see if they are able to see what the problem is.

I have updated the routers firmware.

but I'm still having problems connecting to the router, where as my tablet, PS3 and other devices can connect with no problems, so I do not think the router is at fault.

Paul4os, are you having the same problem?

Talent
paul4os

Is there another thread for the wi-fi drop-out issue on the Arc? Did SE make any official response?

Talent
paul4os

I'm not sure if we have the same problem. Most of the time my wifi works well and usually connects instantly. I occasionally get random drop-outs when sitting in the same position and after browsing on wi-fi for some time. It will drop-out for 5 minutes or so and then come back - very annoying. Does not happen on my laptop.

Talent
paul4os

I see that there is a thread at:

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/64939

I am currently connected to a BT Home Hub 2.0A (Thomson device with Broadcom chipset) via 802.11n. I'm going to see if I get the same dropouts if I switch to 802.11g only (as suggested on other thread)...

Master
slimshaddy

it surely is a bug in all xperia..my arc has the same problem as yours but not as leona's :smileyhappy:

Talent
paul4os

Well, setting to 802.11g only made no difference - still getting the occasional drop-outs.

Hope this can be fixed.

One time poster
Leona23

I am still having this problem, even after the update, if I reset my router, it'll work for a while, then it will drop the connection and resuse to re-connect, nothing I do, install or use, will make it connect to my router, it can 'see' it, but just refuses to connect to it, again my Wii, PS3 and Android Tablet connect just fine, so it must be a problem with the phone, is it a software, or hardware problem?

Master
slimshaddy

Anonymous(anon)

OK I have the same problem. New Phone Xperia Pro Mk16a. Just updated.

Set a static Address on the router (Netgear DG834G)  for the phones MAC address. IT will connect fine the first time, but if i turn off wifi or go out of range and come back IT WILL NOT RECONNECT!

Radio using Channel 1

If i reeboot the router and the phone connection works fine!

Read many forumns with same complaints! and tried several suggestions to no avail.

Looks like this is an issue for the engineers to resolve...

Any comments from Sony/Eric?

Sony Xperia Support
Sam

I believe this is currently being looked into, however in the mean time this issue can often be solved by updating the routers firmware.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.