Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Xperia Neo wifi problem

Dear all,

I bought neo 2 days ago. But I experienced some problems with the wifi connection. I found that the wifi conection of my mobile is not that stable. It disconnects quite often even if the notification shows it stays connected. The problem is most annoying when i opened android market that the connection and download speed is quite slow (slower then my 3G mobile network). And it is quite often that the message of 'network error' appears. The problem also appears when I used IM like ebuddy. it disconnect quite often and can't reconnect for several times already. There are times that the phone freezes and give no response at all, and it has restarted by itself for a time. My previous phone is HTC aria and there was no such problem with the wifi connection. It was very smooth and never disconnect at my home. I switched to use Neo becos the build quality of Aria is not that good and I got a good experience with SE phone in this aspect. But now Neo has upset me due to its wifi and occasional hanging problem. Would anyone or someone from SE can help me in this issue? Or should I go back to my service provider to get a replacement? Thanks!

Regards,

William

Trustee
Annie

Re: Xperia Neo wifi problem

Hi William,

Go to Menu Settings > Wireless & networks > Wi-Fi settings, press the menu key and tap on  Advanced > Wi-Fi sleep policy > Never.

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks for your reply. But I checked that already at the very beginning but the problems still persist......I am thinking whether it is the problem of the phone or the router.

Trustee
Annie

Have you tried connecting to another network to make sure that it is not the one that you are using. You may also want to reset the router.

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks Annie, I have taken my device for an exchange this afternoon. And using it for a night, the wifi problem seems to have gone already. I will keep u updated if there are any problem happening again. Thanks!
Trustee
Annie

Hi William,

I am happy to hear that all is well and feel free to stop by anytime for any questions or issues that you may have.:smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

Hello Annie,

I purchased my Xperia Neo this week. and today i tried connecting it to my WIFI (WEP wifi to my laptop).

When i added the connection with password (applied 5 digit), the says "Not in range, Secured with WEP".

Now my point is, i can connect my laptop to the same WEP connection, Why can't i connect it to my Xperia Neo.

is there any remedy or this phone is useless as far as wifi connections are concerned.

Thank you and Best regards,

Nitinptrp.

Anonymous(anon)

i had the same problem but read that if you change your wifi from auto to chanel 11 this stop the problem.

i did change the chanel and it works fine now give it a go

Anonymous(anon)

Hi guys.I ve got a new phone one week ago,Xperia neo blue.The phone it s great but i ve got a problem,that it s drive me crazy.I can t browse by wi fi in internet.I connect to my router,but when i load the browser,you tube or facebook it s the same problem....and give me an error...There was a problem with the network !(the ip and other settings that the router gives it s dinamic,the phone receive automatic settings) with other types of phones work s excellent,with pc works.But with xperia no.Why???? please help meee !!! Thanks

Anonymous(anon)

Hi

I bought my xperia neo 3 days ago... i got a problem on the internet,, the problem is,,i can connect to a wifi,,but when im going to start browsing,,the pages always says that the "web pages is not available"

but it says on the settings that it is connected,,  and i cannot use my moblie data also... i just cant use my internet in my phone ...

can someone help me ??

thanks in advance :smileyhappy: ...