Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
victoraps

Xperia Neo - issues

Hello my name is Victor, and this is my experience so far.

The device works pretty well, sometimes lags, but is not that much.

Battery life is been nice so far, i can get more than an entire day using it normal (some gaming, browsing, installing, texting, calling, etc.).

Ok but, what is wrong with the device? well, i'll list the issues i have found.

1.- The entire screen have horizontal gray thin lines (very thin), i can see them when the background is white, can anyone confirm this? Today i searched for another device so i can look if all xperia neo displays looks this way, could not find a single one.(This bug me a lot)

2.- My display have a dead pixel, yes, i had already tried the apps on the Playstore, the dead pixel is there when i'm reading at night. (bad luck?,Can sony fix my device?)

3.- Camera is bad, 72 dpi, over compressed files, blurry images, pictures are inferior than other cheaper phones , is this really 8mp?? unbelievable!!

4.- Today i bought a new micro hdmi to hdmi cable, so i can at least have this feature, but when i connect it to my HDTV and try to use it, the screen gets all crazy, is like it's already been touched and my finger is the second one on the screen, long story short, is Unusable.

Thanks for reading, any thoughts? Leave me your comment.

Greets from México.

Victor.

El mensaje fue editado por: victoraps

One time poster
victoraps

Re: Xperia Neo - issues

No answer at all?, isn't this a support forum?

1 , 2 : I will get it to service.

3: Don't you have contact with developers? can you ask them? Do they know about this? Do something

4: I still can't use the hdmi, any fix available?

Xperia Neo

Mod: MT15a

Android version: 2.3.4

Baseband version: 8x55A-AAABQOAZM-203028D-56

Core version: 2.6.32.9-perf

Compilation number: 4.0.2.A.0.42

Software.

Liveware: 3.2.8

HDMI: v1.0

One time poster
victoraps

Stop ignoring me.

gwhispererz

Hi, nobody gets ignored here, moreover, your query is only 1 day old.

For info, it the weekend and Sony's staff will only be back next Monday. Probably no users in this Support Forum have any solution for you.

I will see what I can do .... Since your phone is running on Build number 4.0.2.A.0.42, check if you can update your phone to resolve those issues you have.

Download Update Service from this link, http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/, install to PC/Laptop, launch it and follow on-screen instructions. Be aware that this process will erase phone data completely, backup if necessary.

However, if you intend to send phone to Service Centre for repair (reference to above Item 1), then ignore the software update, Service Centre will be able to fix all your problems.

Keep us updated.

One time poster
victoraps

Support guys,are you there?

hdmi.....

bad camera....

Companion says Neo is up to date.

One time poster
victoraps

Awesome support forum ever!!!

/sarcasm

Master
slimshaddy

you're the first one to say that.. :smileyhappy:

well , all those questions you asked.. you should have done something on your own and search the forum , all questions has been asked before and answered...

as gwhispererz mentioned , all mods were at leave..... so dont get irritated just search..

One time poster
victoraps

I already searched for it, didn't found it.

Maybe you are much better at searching, help me.

Any support guys? Do they get paid for this?

Demigod
santam

Hi,

For you're first question...I think...you need to visit Service station....no other choice to me....

For the dead pixel....Check this thread.....

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/151874#151874

I'll also suggest you that....only they can repair.....

Third question.....mmm....I hope you're aware of the upcoming Google ICS...and you're phone is included in the first set of phone to get the update....some users reported using the ICS beta Rom released by Sony....improved the camera picture quality...so keep you're finger crossed.....till you get the ICS...

Fourth......HDMI.....as @gwhispererz suggested to update you're phone with SEUS which will upgrade you're phone to the latest build number .62 but it seems that you're network is slow so it's not available now....so the best way to check is...go to dial pad dial *#*#7378423#*#* then tap on service test then scroll down select HDMI test > HDMI on > select play video...and see if it works....

And could you please...describe more....about this issue...

Keep us updated...:smileyyahoo:

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution.
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
One time poster
HasanTQ

I would like to also highlight the same issue with the HDMI being experienced

As soon as the cable touches the phones HDMI port, the phone starts opening applications on its own and its like the screen is constantly being touched

The phone is Xperia Neo MT15i from Orange and is updated on the latest version i.e. .62 plus I have also tried the service tests but it didn't help, I did disable the CEC option and LiveWare options too but nothing seems to resolve the issue.

I have a Samsung LCD TV 32" A430 or something likewise, if further model details will be required they will be provided, the LCD does have HDMI CEC though I have tried connecting with and without the option being enabled. Still no use.

I would like to avoid reinstalling the operating system as all applications will be required to be updated.

Please reply ASAP :smileyhappy: