Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Xperia Neo V: Is there a reboot fix yet?

Has anyone figured out a solution for the rebooting solution yet? (excluding returning the phone, since, for me, is not an option) Is it software related? Hardware related? I'm pretty willing to try anything right about now, even a manual hardware fix ==" This problem has dragged on for way too long, and needs a solution :/

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Xperia Neo V: Is there a reboot fix yet?

did u try  the fixing paper at the back of the battery ??

Anonymous(anon)

Lots of people waiting for this fix......

and paper mechanism didn't works..

whether the problem is with Hardware or Software??????

Guys Help Us Plz!!!!

Anonymous(anon)

well you should return it if possible ..might be a faulty product

Anonymous(anon)

I've tried the buffer, folding the paper in heaps of different ways, still doesn't work.

Anonymous(anon)

Yeah I got a replacement!!!

Thanks to all Especially Mr. Shankar Sony Centre Cennai and Service centre persons..

Trustee
Markus

Have you tried to update the software with PC Companion?

http://www.sonyericsson.com/pccompanion.

In the program you click on Support Zone > Start (below update).

If a newer software is not available you should repair the software instead.

This is done at Support Zone > Start > Repair the phone.

(The phone should not be connected when doing this. The program will tell you when to connect the phone.)

Also, try to start the phone without a SIM card or at least with a different one. The same goes for the SD card.

If this won't fix your problem you need to contact your dealer and ask for assistance with sending the phone to an authorized repair centre. I know you write that this is not an option but if the software update/repair won't fix your problem (and it's not SIM/SD related) there's nothing else to do unfortunately.

Anonymous(anon)

This is an known bug for Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V and these people not trying to fix this bug...they still go with some assumptions...they made some instruction like below and whoever report this bug, they sent this....this they started last week....Prior to last week they have the solution of software update...don't know what they come up with next week....

Keep away from SE products...

Thank you for contacting the Sony Ericsson support centre.

We are sorry to hear your Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V is turning off and restarting by itself.

We would first suggest that you remove the battery and memory card from your Sony Ericsson handset for approximately thirty seconds and then place the only battery back in your handset and power it on.

If after trying this, your phone works as intended then this suggests a fault with your memory card or with some content on the memory card causing the problems. We would therefore suggest that you format the memory card which you can do by following the steps below:

1. Open the Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Scroll to Storage
4. Tap Unmount SD Card > Erase SD Card/Factory Data Reset
5. Confirm the format

Trustee
Markus

This is not a 'known issue' as far as I am informed. I have not received any internal information saying so.

Since there's no such information we have to assume this could be caused by a lot of different things (sw, hw, SIM, SD card, 3rd party apps etc.) and we will therefore troubleshoot according to that assumption. Hope you understand this.

Anonymous(anon)

Markus you are doing it the wrong way. A "known issue" is the information you should learn from external sources eg USERS, unless you have a guy, there at sony, whose job is to open every box and check every phone for at least a week. By now, birds on the trees have learned that a number of neoVs have restarting problem (that cant be fixed with anything known to users, including everything you think they didn't already try like updating/removing cards etc). YOU should be the one passing the information to sony and the sooner you start listening to users and stop denying the existence of the problem  the sooner will engineers/programmers start fixing the issue. If you are waiting for your boss to tell you that there is problem with neoV i can tell you that that won't happen anytime soon cause he is probably using arcS and even if he was using neoV he might have been lucky and got the non-restarting one.

You brand new car's engine is cutting out constantly, it's all over the web, some have this problem some dont, but the car's manufacture's Michael-BMWanswers guy is telling you he has no information on that issue and does not give two cents for the fact you that cant drive to the work and you are in danger of losing your job.Think about it.Now go tell someone to come out with a fix for the phone.