Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Xperia Neo V: Is there a reboot fix yet?

Hi im from Poland. I have a problem with the Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V. The phone during normal use and during conversations automatically shuts down and restarts. Restarts are also in the light shocks such as when running.  Today I gave the phone to warranty, but I fear that it will not help, like many other users of this phone model, which loaded the new software or changing the motherboard and the problem still persists and prevents use of the phon? And what if I do collect my phone from the warranty and the problem persists. Support replied to my email does not provide anything silly tips like:
1) restart the phone
2) replace the sim card
3) The new software will soon be
etc..

No more SE
Support does not help users. Neo V is scrap.

Trustee
Markus

You say you have updated the phone. Do you remember which software version you got when you did this?

We did release a new software to prevent reboots.

If you got this software and still have the same problem I am sure the service center will do a thorough investigation and do what's needed to get it working.

One time poster
fauag

Where can I get this update? Or it is not available to south america yet? Everytime I try to update, it says I already have the newest version.

Trustee
Markus

You can get the latest available software via PC Companion.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/pc-companion/

If you get that message it might be that this particular software is not available for your phone yet, or that you already have it but still have the issue. Restarts can be caused by several things so it might not be related.

What software version do you have? Settings > About phone > Build version.

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Today I go to receive mobile phone from service. How will notify and test this bug fixed. Let me add that when put to the service I had the latest available software.

One time poster
fauag

Pc Companion says my fone is updated.

Here it says it's the 4.0.1.A.0.283 version.

Trustee
Markus

The software version that came with this fix is 4.0.2.A.0.62. You have an older version than this.

Click this link and choose your country in the list. Use the contact info displayed to get in touch with your local support team. They should be able to tell whether ot not this software should be available to your phone or not.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

You can also post your SI number and I can have a quick look (can be found behind the battery in format SI XXXX-XXXX).

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Tests the phone a few hours after receiving the guarantee. How far will not turn off. Engineer said that the software download new firmware again. He is currently 4.0.2.A.0.62 and from some 24 hours will not turn off.

Visitor
pitsgraft

Dear all,

I have the latest update when reebooting problem. The contact support  suggest me to repair  it using pc companion. And its working well till now...

But there are consequences the screen gets very lagged. I have to wait a couple of seconds before it gets fully respond to my touches to the screen..

One time poster
fauag

Markus, if the update is not available for my region, is there a way I can download it? The problem is really annoying, I can't believe burocracy like this is preventing me from updating my phone.