Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Why double screen locks?

When protecting the Neo with "Visible Pattern Screenlock", the default "Swipe to unlock" does NOT disappear. This means that if you want to protect your phone, you have to BOTH swipe AND draw the unlock pattern. This must be a bug...?! Anyone who knows how to circumvent this???

(Android 2.3.4)

--David

Sony Xperia Support
Jake-SonyXperiaSupport

Re: Why double screen locks?

The default swipe to unlock will be present on the handset with any form of security lock, so this will never disappear.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

It is a very annoying feature, when you decide to go with a higer degree of security, you chose "gesture", "PIN" or "Password". On "standard Android phones" like Google Nexus One, there is only ONE action to take. So this way to implement the swipe-to-unlock feature tends to make people not to chose a higher security level on their SE Neo phones.

Please consider making this an option in coming software upgrades.

Thanks in advance,

--David

Sony Xperia Support
Jake-SonyXperiaSupport

I will forward the information through for you :smileyhappy:.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

yes, I agree - had the same idea too. I too disable the unlock pattern as it's an extra hassle having to use the unlock pattern as well as the normal unlock - just have the unlock pattern!

Anonymous(anon)

I have the same problem and I find it really bad. I´m considreing disabling the pattern lock screen... it would be nice if we could disable default lock screen in the next version...

Anonymous(anon)

I completely agree, this is REALLY annoying and makes it impossible for some third party applications to function properly and be usable (WidgetLocker namely).

This should definitely be fixed. Please, Sony Ericsson, provide a fix for this!

Sony Xperia Support
Jake-SonyXperiaSupport

I can understand frustrations around this feature for some users. However we have forwarded this information through.

sony_logo126x24.gif

Anonymous(anon)

Jake, thanks for the reply.

The fact that this issue has been forwarded through is awesome, thanks!

Providing any info on whether it would be fixed or not will be even greater. :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

The consequences of changing this behaviour probably will have to be investigated thoroughly first. Perhaps the lock screen will be user configurable in the future. But let's keep this in mind - if the slide to unlock is removed in favour of just using the graphical unlock, and the phone "pocket dials" enough times, you could find yourself locked out of your phone for half a minute or having to enter the security question to activate it.