Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: We know you have questions about the Xperia neo - We have answers!

that's quite odd, most wifi issues were solved with the 2.3.3 update, you can backup everything and then repair it w/ update service and see if that solves your issue

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/mobilephones/downloads/subject/updateservice/xperia-neo?cc=u...

this is how to backup

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/thread/16824

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Hi Just got xperia arc today..... now venturing in2 t unknown fm t dinosaur age!! 'the info leafet in box doesnt give m much advice.   I am trying to sent a text tat i av changed my num.....  t guy im shop tranfered my contacts so tat bit is dun....

q.  how to i send a text to multiple contacts....?

tx

Oracle
suze

Hello there, I would suggest downloading an app called Handcent from the Android Market.  It is a texting app that allows you to tick box next to the contacts that you want to send the message to.  It is better than the stock SE/Android texting app and I use it solely on all my phones.  If you like it please make sure that you open the stock app and press Menu and Settings and untick Notifications other wise you will get two notifcations for every text.

You can do mulitple with the supplied texting app, when you have added your first recipient then press the Menu key and select add receipient and just repeat this until you have all the people added that you want.  It's just a little long winded in my opinion.

If you have any further questions, you can ask in the Arc part of the forum... on the right hand side it gives you the option to Start A Discussion with a little speech bubble next to it.  There are plenty of helpful people around to try and help you get the most out of your 21st century device! Enjoy your phone in the meantime.

Anonymous(anon)

Hey.

I took your advice and done that that this morning. its working better but still doesnt seem 100percent. Now when i take it off sleep mode the wifi symbol will come up on the top of the phone (this wasnt always happening before the service update) and when I go into the Wifi settings its coming up as connected to my wireless network(before it usually said it was obtaining ip address until i switched the wifi off and on). However when i go into browser or youtube etc it sometimes wont load the page. and again i have to switch the wifi on and off. Any ideas??

Btw Thanks for your replies and help so far

Forum Legend
uliwooly

turn the phone off, take the battery out, press the power button and hold it for few seconds, put the battery in, turn it on and check if it works

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Thats actually made it worse it doesnt seem to want to connect at all now

Forum Legend
uliwooly

this is quite odd, if you don't mind, run the update service again, maybe this time it will work just fine if not you might have to contact Sony Ericsson

Anonymous(anon)

Cheers for your help. but im just going to take the phone back to the shop tomorrow. its not connecting at all now when i go into the wifi settings it comes up as connecting then scanning and then disconnected, and i selected to forget the network twice and reconnect but still nothing. its a brand new phone so il let the shop sort it out. Thanks for the help tho.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

I agree you should take it back

Anonymous(anon)

Thank you, I have now purchased the Galaxy S2 and getting used to having my first smartphone.