Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)
Accepted Solution

Update Android 4.0 Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V

someone made update to version 4.0 for Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V ? is satisfied as the system moves

or better still on the old operating system. from what I've read many complain that it is very slow

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Update Android 4.0 Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V

U should try it with yourself..

One time poster
keung303

Just upgarded to 4.0 through PC Companion an hour ago, took less than 15 minutes for whole process.

Good:

1. some of the apps run a bit faster than b4.

2. free up about 20mb of rom space.

Bad:

1. scrolling is worse than b4, I mean my scrolling used to be very smooth, but now a little bit lag, both on Xperia home screen and Go Launcher.

2. start up time (from power on to all apps loaded) takes about somewhat 20 - 30 seconds longer.

3. FOR UNKNOWN REASON, MY 3G INTERNET CONNECTION DISSAPPEAR..............wifi is working.

That's about it for one hour of useage experience.

Community Manager
Johan

You can find most user feedback in this thread: http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/180007#180007

One time poster
eng_samy

you are lucky that you didn't update yet

Don't update to ICS

Sony offers you ICS full of bugs ....

my advice... DON'T UPDATE

One time poster
SEXperiaNeoV

Yep, if you value your sanity. Wait for everything to be stable, I hope one day we will be able to update finally.

Anonymous(anon)

It's Dead slow, even dailer service is so slow i desabled a lot of applications to get speed but its damn slow, i will not recomed to anyone -Please dont upgrade, Fast Phone is better then a slow phone with new technology. Yes there are some good things as you can disable some system apps, But Speed is req. Is there any way to increse RAM of phone?

Anonymous(anon)

I updated to android 4.0..and this update make my xperia neo v ver slow...evry application take more time to open and even some time it crash.camra,messging all take more time to open..it is dam very slow....even phone dialer take more time to open..i want to degrade to 2.3 ..please some one tell me how can i degrade to 2.3.:smileyangry:

Anonymous(anon)

i agree, its very slow, some apps like maps, navigation etc and some games crashes too often, dont know how to go back to gingerbread. i feel screwed

Anonymous(anon)

I run Android 4.0.4 on my SE Neo (no V) now for a couple of days and i'm very satistfied. Even the Gallery photo app is finally fast now. Battery performance is even better than before.

Did have a performance problem at first but resolved this by reformatting my sd card..