Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

USB Tethering Not working in Xperia Neo V

Hi All,

I am using Xperia Neo V.

I am facing a problem when trying to use my Phone as a modem (for internet) on PC using USB Tethering Option. The driver cannot be installed properly on windows xp eventhough I followed the procedures as metioned in the link http://support.google.com/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=182134 .  Please find the below snap shot of device manager screen in which you could find the driver is not installed. 

USB Tethering Issue.bmp

Could anyone help me in solving this issue?

Thanks in Advance.

Note : I tried using  my phone as wireless modem (portable hotspot option) and found its working well.

Regards,

Sathish

Greenhorn
ply17410

Re: USB Tethering Not working in Xperia Neo V

Make sure your laptop or desktop (whatever it is) has internet access when you connect the phone.  Then when you connect you have to tap in the connections setting USB Tethering otherwise the phone will just stay connected in file transfer mode.  It will search windows update and other sources for drivers.  It takes probably 5 minutes.

Also ... you do have local administrator rights on the pc right?

Bob H

Anonymous(anon)

Hi Bob, Thank you very much for your suggestion. It worked out well if I connected the PC in internet.

Is there anyway to install the driver without internet connection? I mean, is there any link to download the required drivers, keep it as dump and install Offline (in PCs without Internet connection) ?

Please provide your inputs.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Sathish

Anonymous(anon)

Hi Bob,,, Any Suggestions for my above query?  Bcos this internet option is not working (to download the drivers) in the PC having older windows XP version.

Appreciate your comments.

Thanks.

Regards,

Sathish

Greenhorn
ply17410

With my Xperia Ray and wife's Neo there is an option in the phone settings to install Sony PC Companion from your phone.  Settings, Sony Ericsson, Connectivity option.  Now I do not know for sure if it's just an installer that starts and then needs internet access to actually pull down the install or if the full product is on the phone.  You will have to try.  I already had PC Companion installed on my pc from previous phone.  PC Companion is what puts the drivers on the phone. 

But .... w.o internet access for your pc, the Sony PC Companion won't be able to acquire updates for drivers and other improvements.  But ... you should get base drivers for USB that will get you going by installing the version that's in the phone.

Good luck,

Bob H

Anonymous(anon)

Hi,

I was also having this problem, was using a xperia neo V and windows 7, I did a few steps and it worked for me, here are they:

1. Opened Device manager.

2. Check for Network adapters > Sony Ericsson sa0102 Remote NDIS base device

3. Open it and uninstall the driver.

4. Disconnect you phone from the computer

5. Reconnect it, and turn the USB tethering on.

6. It will install drivers (You 'll need a working internet connection for this)

7. After installation, It worked for me.