Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Traditional video calls - possible on Xperia Pro?

Here i used k810i with this phone directly i made video calls from bsnl to any network bsnl network charged for minute 0.70 paise, as per your suggestion if i go through web it costly morever every time it is not possible and it is not eassy to made video call like k810i so i really i disappointed after taken the neo v model

Anonymous(anon)

I'm one of the disappointed customer purchased xperia neo phone without knowing that this phone does not supports traditional video call. Bought the phone less than 24 hours :smileysad: and cannot return this phone. I never thought this basic feature will be missing. If I knew before buy this, I would go for Samsung Galaxy.

Hpe Sony Ericsson, should give attention to our request. Now I need to carry two pones with me just to make/receive this traditional video calls.

I was reading about adding UMTS/3G Videotelephony feature to Android and found a white paper written by RADVISION Tsahil and he mentioning, it is possible only by the handset vendor

Doing 3G video telephony is something that can only be done if the handset vendor added it actively to the Android device.

The vendor needs to modify the RIL daemon that comes with the basic Android and muck around the Telephony Manager to begin with.

I've written a whitepaper in the past on what else is required - you can download it here: http://www.radvision.com/Resources/Develop...integration.htm

There are several Android phones that support 3G video telephony - the Samsung Galaxy S is one of them, but there is no app you can download, and I don't think there can be from a technical viewpoint.

Anonymous(anon)

could u repost the address of ur paper>The given address is not working.

Anonymous(anon)

I think, the link was automatically changed. Here is the link of that white paper :

http://www.radvision.com/Resources/Developers/White-Papers/android_integration.htm

nansingh, This is not my paper. I found this while searching whether any android application can provide this feature. According to the author of this paper, he says it is possible only by the handset vendor.

Reference : http://android.modaco.com/topic/327681-umts3g-videotelephony-with-an-android-mobile/

Anonymous(anon)

As I understand the traditional way of making video calls is unfortunately not implanted in the Android systems available today.

I don't know but hopefully this is something that will come in future versions of Android.

samsung galaxy si,with froyo-it had video call & sii gigerbrd had too i dont uderstand what u talking like this.. 1st line

please do consider our requests,send our requesta to sony developers..thank you

hope it will come on ICS update

sorry for my badD english

Advicer
go2ranjan

I wish they provide native video calling in new phones that have launched in MWC today.

Anonymous(anon)

Just made a short Skype video call  (about 30MB?) which cost me approx. 4,5USD!!!
It's absurd.
WIth my monthly phone payment plan (about 17USD per month) I get free unlimited voice ad video calls plus up to 2000 SMS.
I can't afford to pay this kind of extra "fee"!
When I used my old k800i, I called my  family (which had a cheap V630i) via VDF everyday: I placed - at least - 2 video calls each weekend and I "only" paid the monthly price. No extra payments were required.
And none of us had to install any extra software. I just phoned my family as I would in a "normal" voice call. That was it.
Why has Android gone back?
Won't Xperia phones receive software to allow regular 3G video calls as HTC or Samsung phones still do?
I hope so, as I am the one who has the latest phone model and the only one who can't make video calls... Sad, really.

I wish Sony developers realise that video calls are an important use of our phones and that - specially in Europe - people need to have "out of the box" 3g video calls as they're used to have, otherwise many will consider other brands, such as HTC or Samsung, whose Android phones still make video calls as cheaply and easily as voice calls.

I love my Xperia Play, but I also need 3G video calls.

I'm sure I am not alone in this request/appeal!

Thank you.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

which HTC phones are you referring to? only the samsung galaxy SI can do that in certain markets if I'm not mistaken, iOS, windows mobile, android, and I think not even RIM support this

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

HTC TYTN, TYTN2, Diamond, Diamond 2.

HTC HTC DEsire (S) with cooked ROM; Samsung Galaxy S and galaxy II.

These are some I've seen. The former operating under Windows Mobile, the latter Android OS.

My older Sonys has native OS and also had 3G "native" video call.

In Europe that is a common and most appreciated feature as it is included in stansard price plans.

There's no denying removing video calls without 3rd party apps,  data plans or Wifi connection IS a major step back.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

HTC TYTN winmobile 6.0

HTC TYTN winmobile 6.1

it has being a long time since those versions, as I recalled, correct me if I'm wrong, winmo7 doesn't allow this

HTC Desire S as you said with custom ROM and samsung galaxy SI & SII this is not supported by android it has to be included as an add on by the manufacturer. Aside from Indie which other country uses video calls over 3G? that might be interesting to know

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)